We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

driving in Morocco - 10 days - help

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brazil
driving in Morocco - 10 days - help

hello people...my trip is so close and I don`t know if i can do what I`m planning....

my flight arrives in casablanca saturday, jan 26, at 2 pm

departure in the same airport monday, feb 04, at 3 pm

will be possible do this? (I already have my rental car):

casablanca - a litlle of the city and go to marrakesh at night

marrakesh, 2 full day and one night

marrakesh to desert > (whitout rushing 3/4 days?), until Merzouga....1 night at desert

Merzouga to > Meknes (Fez?) - Rabat - Casablanca Airport (litlle sightseeing in each one)

thank you for any advice...cheers

Casablanca
1. Re: driving in Morocco - 10 days - help

In 10 Days yes you can do all of your plan but you only need to arrange it well so you can have a unique experience, as i would suggest the following itinerary, instead of starting from Marrakech Try the other side much better, as follow:

-Casa-Rabat-Fes via Meknes and Volubilis.

- Fes.

- Fes-Merzouga.

- Merzouga - desert.

- Merzouga- Dades Valley.

- Dades Valley-Ouarzazate-Marrakech.

- Marrakech.

- Marrakech-Essaouira day Trip.

- Marrakech-Casa.

- Casablanca-Departure.

hope this plan could help you enjoying your experience in Morocco.

Brazil
2. Re: driving in Morocco - 10 days - help

wow !!

thank u for the qucikly response....do u mean that is better do my roundabout in the clockwise direction instead counterclockwise?

but why?

thnak u again

Casablanca
3. Re: driving in Morocco - 10 days - help

That way much better to start from the other side, because that way is much easier as you can leave Marrakech for the rest of Your trip so you can have enough time in it, to explore it and wander it's surrounding ares as well.

just depends on your arrival time as you need to arrange the timing so you can make sure that all the distances are well arranged and for the accommodations make something managed now so to find your trip on way going very easy .

Happy Travel and welcome to Morocco Travel forum.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 36
4. Re: driving in Morocco - 10 days - help

I strongly advise you not to travel into Casablanca by car the first afternoon. It's a busy gridlocked city that's not at all easy to navigate.

Cardiff, United...
reviews: 30
5. Re: driving in Morocco - 10 days - help

10 days is enough time, we have done this itinery in 7 days but it felt a bit rushed at times.

Hamid has suggested an excellent itinery, I don't think it matters which way round you do it (Marrakech first or last). Just be aware that it is a long drive from Fes to Merzouga (around 8 or 9 hours). You can get from Marrakech to Merzouga comfortably in 3 days 2 nights, you can even do it 2 days 1 night if you are short on time.

6. Re: driving in Morocco - 10 days - help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, January 10, 2014