We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jemaa El Fna surrounding cafes

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Southport, United...
reviews: 16
Jemaa El Fna surrounding cafes

Hi everyone. I'm going to the city on Saturday for a few nights and I am just wondering when the surrounding cafes/restaurants are open until at night and would appreciate some recommendations to sit at night and just relax.

I would like to eat at the stalls, then just go somewhere for a drink, if that's possible.

Thanks for your help from a first timer!

Hannah.

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 40
1. Re: Jemaa El Fna surrounding cafes

The only restaurant to sell alcohol with view to the Square is LE MARRAKECHI, Cafe France is an option as well but no liquor,

Marrakech
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
2. Re: Jemaa El Fna surrounding cafes

Basically as long as there are people in the square the cafes are open.

Another option is to walk to Kozybar at place des ferblantiers, just 5 minutes walk from Jemaa El Fna.

Southport, United...
3. Re: Jemaa El Fna surrounding cafes

Oh i didn't necessarily mean alcohol, but thank you for that tip! Can you just go in and order say tea or water and no food later on? Thanks.

4. Re: Jemaa El Fna surrounding cafes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:35 am, January 08, 2013
5. Re: Jemaa El Fna surrounding cafes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:35 am, January 08, 2013
Marrakech
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
6. Re: Jemaa El Fna surrounding cafes

Yes. Cafe Glacier has it's grand balcon. This is my preferred viewpoint of the square. You have to buy at least one drink per person but you don't have to buy food at any time of the day.

Casablanca
7. Re: Jemaa El Fna surrounding cafes

Cafe France and Cafe Glacier are the ones looks great to watch the jemaa el Fna square from the roof, very wonderful view.

Have fun .

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 60
8. Re: Jemaa El Fna surrounding cafes

Hi,

Les Terraces D'Alhambra also has good views and you don't have to eat as does Aqua though I'd agree that Glacier has the very best views over most of the square either during the day or at night.

Once the rebuild is complete of course it will once again be the Argana.

Casablanca
9. Re: Jemaa El Fna surrounding cafes

Yes the New Argana will give the best now much better then surrounding Cafes, Thanks Shimmin for the reminding to this Amazing Restaurants/Cafe in Marrakech soon will be a meeting point of Nations again.

Cafe Glacier has amazing view for your afternoon or evening stay in Jemaa el Fna square, be there to have your place before gets busy.

Southport, United...
10. Re: Jemaa El Fna surrounding cafes

Thank you everyone! Glacier it is.