We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is it wise to venture outside marrakech

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
london
reviews: 5
is it wise to venture outside marrakech

we are a party of 2 adult and 1 infant (two year), visiting Marrakesh for 4 nights and staying near zone agdal ( I understand its 15-20 mins walk from jemma el fena). This is our first visit to Marrakesh.

Do you think its worth trying trips outside Marrakesh, such as atlas mountains, nearby villages,etc or should be with happy with hamams, souks within the Marrakesh main square or Medina ?

any pitfalls, once should be careful of when traveling with a infant to Marrakesh ??

any views will be gratefully received.

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 61
1. Re: is it wise to venture outside marrakech

Hi,

In 4 nights you have time for a day trip either into the mountains or over to Essaouira on the coast but you could easily spend all your time within Marrakech if you choose to.

Moroccans love children so expect a lot of attention from strangers who will want to kiss your child (maybe warn the child before you get here that it's not like back home in case they are frightened). In the medina, walk on the right and keep junior on the inside. There are lots of scooters.

london
2. Re: is it wise to venture outside marrakech

Thanks for the advice..very useful regarding the infant.. do you how far is agdal region from airport ?..we staying in Adam Park Hotel and Spa ?.. do you know anything of this region ?..

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 35
3. Re: is it wise to venture outside marrakech

Here you go, just a google away... Copy and paste URL below into your browser.

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Adam+Park+Hotel+marrakech&ie=UTF-8&ei=T_fqUMSxDcvD0AXb5IHYAw&ved=0CAsQ_AUoAA

Edited: 11:29 am, January 07, 2013
london
4. Re: is it wise to venture outside marrakech

thank you for your message... Is it correct to say to the taxi drive, " take me to adam park hotel ??..will they recogasnize the hotel ??... or should I say , take me to Agdal ??

Marrakech
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
5. Re: is it wise to venture outside marrakech

I would expect most taxi drivers to know the hotel name. Zone Agdal is the name of the whole area. If you say Agdal you could end up at the gardens or anywhere in the zone.

Personally I would go for a day trip to the Atlas mountains - Ourika, Asni, Imlil - rather than Essaouira, as it is very scenic and it is a shorter day trip (which I assume will be better for your infant).

Marrakech
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
6. Re: is it wise to venture outside marrakech

The hotel is a 15 minute drive from the airport. In the area you will find other hotels, restaurants, cafes, megarama cinema and the main shopping centre complex.

Toilets - facilities vary greatly outside of the hotel. Many places do not have nappy changing facilities. I strongly advise you to take tissues and wet wipes!

Cardiff, United...
reviews: 30
7. Re: is it wise to venture outside marrakech

Make sure you take a safety strap/harness for your child, it will make it a lot easier for you whilst walking though the alleyways of the medina. It can get a bit hectic at times and very busy at certain part of the old medina.

8. Re: is it wise to venture outside marrakech

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, January 09, 2014