We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 days in Marrakech- is it enough?

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lisbon, Portugal
reviews: 17
4 days in Marrakech- is it enough?

Will spend 4 entire days in Marrakech next month and wondered if it's worth to cover the 'must-sees'.

What do you suggest in a 4 day stay? We want to visit a berber village, I guess this can include the ourika Valley and Atlas right? Or these are in different places?

Whatelse can you recomend? Any good companies for a jeep tour? I have seen so many over the internet and its difficult to mention which one is a good one.

Marrakech, Morocco
1. Re: 4 days in Marrakech- is it enough?

Hi there! From my personal experience 4 days in Marrakech are enough.Last year I visited the ourika Valley in the Atlas mountains and the trip was totally worth it, is about 1.5 hours away from Marrakech and I paid about 800 MAD.

I hope this helps.

Middlesbrough...
reviews: 131
2. Re: 4 days in Marrakech- is it enough?

We spent 3 days just in the city - a half day in Gueliz, another half day in the Palmeraie & the rest of the time in the Medina. We are very fast pace travellers but we didn't get to see all the sights in that time. We would have loved to stay an extra day in the Medina!

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
3. Re: 4 days in Marrakech- is it enough?

Four days is enough only to scratch a tiny surface of this city with its many faces. But if you can only allot four days then a day trip into the Atlas mountains is certainly worth it. The Ourika valley is in the foothills of the mountains but for a less touristy destination I would suggest Ouirgane. You can prebook lunch and a trek through Berber villages. A grand taxi from Marrakech is the most flexible way of travelling in this region. See

www.aubergemomo.com

for further details.

Casablanca
4. Re: 4 days in Marrakech- is it enough?

3 Days is full enough to explore and experience Marrakech, depends on the traveller interests some visitors like to spend more Marrakech has a lot to offer.

Just as Pilobolus suggest try to do a Day Trip to the High Atlas Mountains, and if you can have an overnight in Kasbah Toubkal would be lovely experience for you, Essaouira is another alternative for a Day Trip from Marrakech.

Have Fun.

norfolk
reviews: 30
5. Re: 4 days in Marrakech- is it enough?

it entirely depends on your own holiday requirements. i spent ten days in marrakech, it wasn't enough. and i did the ourika valley day trip and hated it.

so there you have it. i can only suggest you read a few guidebooks, look at the 'things to do' on this site, and decide which things interest you most...

pam

Lisbon, Portugal
reviews: 17
6. Re: 4 days in Marrakech- is it enough?

honestly, I am so confused right now ... too many different opinions....

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
7. Re: 4 days in Marrakech- is it enough?

Please do not be confused frfp1984. Pam's suggestions of clicking on "Things to Do" and consulting a decent guidebook (Rough Guide, Lonely Planet, for example) will help hugely. HamidB499's idea of a day trip to Essaouira instead of the mountains is another alternative which you may consider. Think instead of this another way. I visited Lisbon 10 years ago - there was so much to do and see that I had to make informed decisions as what really interested me in a week's stay. Research what you can and your short vacation will become that more enjoyable!

Edited: 1:33 pm, January 07, 2013
London, United...
reviews: 7
8. Re: 4 days in Marrakech- is it enough?

The answer to your question , yes, 4 days is enough in Marrakech !!!. There is very little to see and the people will drive you insane !!.

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 40
9. Re: 4 days in Marrakech- is it enough?

Plenty of time !!! would second recommend a day trip to the High Atlas Mt or Essaouira, 2 hr 30 min drive each way. Enjoy ur stay.

Casablanca
10. Re: 4 days in Marrakech- is it enough?

You don't need to be confused at all, So if you have 4 Days it's full enough in Marrakech try to explore for 1 day with the Guide to cover as many as possible of Places in Marrakech, including sightseeings, and other day by your own including evenings, for the new City just a few minutes is enough, then take a Day Trip to either Essaouira or High Atlas Mountains as a wonderful out of Marrakech trip, and in case you have more days you still have so much to do, and see.

Happy Travels and take it easy.

Welcome to Morocco Travel forum.