We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

desert tents and camel trekking..

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edison, New Jersey
desert tents and camel trekking..

HI there...I am travelling with 4 year old and definitely do not want to miss the fun of staying in desert tent for at least 1 night and want to do little camel trekking too..I am visiting morocco in month of febrruary.. want to know if it is too cold to stay in desert tent in february? Does these tents have any heat in the nights if temperature is too low.. what is the temperature in desert of erg chebbi in february?

Ouarzazate, Morocco
reviews: 7
1. Re: desert tents and camel trekking..

Hi

You can enjoy a desert camp all around the year. It is never too cold. The temperatures at night in February might be around 8-10 degrees. There will be no heating no, but enough blankets to keep you warm. Bring some warm cloths with you and you'll be fine.

Enjoy your desert trip!

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 39
2. Re: desert tents and camel trekking..

Good advice, though to set expectations, it can get colder than that. I experienced 1°C and was without a tent so really cold.

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 39
3. Re: desert tents and camel trekking..

Re the post above—sleeping in a plastic bag in a river bed: www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php…

UK
reviews: 3
4. Re: desert tents and camel trekking..

It was definitely colder than that, probably only just above freezing, when we had our night in the desert at the beginning of December (the next day there was a lot of snow in the mountains and the Tichka Pass was closed). It was a very basic camp with no facilities at all (pretty much what we'd expected and hoped for). Only my nose got cold though - there were so many blankets that we could hardly move, and I wore a fleecy hat in bed. We were really toasty warm!

Earlier in the evening our desert guide went to find some firewood and we sat by the fire for a couple of hours, chatting and relaxing. It was a lovely, peaceful time, particularly as there was only the two of us and our guide in the camp.

Jane

Edited: 1:15 pm, January 03, 2013
UK
reviews: 3
5. Re: desert tents and camel trekking..

Oh, and as well as a fleecy hat I also wore thermals and thick socks - dress appropriately with lots of layers and you'll be fine!

Jane

Edison, New Jersey
6. Re: desert tents and camel trekking..

thank you very much for reply.. much helpful..

Edison, New Jersey
7. Re: desert tents and camel trekking..

thank you..somewhat relieved with your advise..thank you

8. Re: desert tents and camel trekking..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 pm, January 06, 2014