We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much should a taxi cost to Riu Tikida Palmeraie?

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
North Yorkshire...
reviews: 202
How much should a taxi cost to Riu Tikida Palmeraie?

We plan to use the shuttle but where ever possible but if we miss it or need to get a taxi how much should we pay? I have read on the hotel reviews that some people paid £12 or nearly 200 dirhams which seems a lot. I know you can ask them to put their meter on but it would help to know what a fair price was. Thank you.

North Yorkshire...
1. Re: How much should a taxi cost to Riu Tikida Palmeraie?

sorry I should have said to the Medina/old town in Marrakesh.

Marrakech
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
2. Re: How much should a taxi cost to Riu Tikida Palmeraie?

If using a grand taxi the price from the Palmeraie to the city centre is 100MAD in the day and 150 MAD at night.

I haven't been in a petit taxi but I would guess that the meter fare is circa 40 MAD in the day and 50% more at night.

Due to the location of the hotel you may find that petit taxis don't want to go there unless you are paying more money as they are not guaranteed to get a return fare.

Grand taxis are usually parked outside the hotel gate.

Cardiff, United...
reviews: 27
3. Re: How much should a taxi cost to Riu Tikida Palmeraie?

200DH sounds too much but you will probably have to pay it for a grand taxi (you might get away with 150DH).......it is a fair distance to your hotel from the Old Medina area. If you offer the petit taxi driver 100DH, they may be willing to take you.

Also as soon as you mention certain large hotels. the price of the taxi fare seems to shoot up (as the taxi drivers think you have lots of money..........)

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 55
4. Re: How much should a taxi cost to Riu Tikida Palmeraie?

Also remember and think about how much taxi fares are in the UK. How far would you get for £12 back home? Just because Morocco is not yet a 1st world country don't expect everything to be dirt cheap.

North Yorkshire...
5. Re: How much should a taxi cost to Riu Tikida Palmeraie?

Thank you for your replies. It is good to have at least a negotiation starting point. I will aim for 100 during the day and 150 at night. I will probably fail miserably but I won't be back on here whining if the drivers win!

Marrakech
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
6. Re: How much should a taxi cost to Riu Tikida Palmeraie?

The hotel is 9 km from Jemaa El Fna.

7. Re: How much should a taxi cost to Riu Tikida Palmeraie?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 pm, January 06, 2014