We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reserving a Desert Tour from Marrakech

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Austin
reviews: 4
Reserving a Desert Tour from Marrakech

I am a solo traveller flying into Marrakech mid February to do a 3 day Tour to Erg Chebbi. I'm finding it difficult to reserve a tour for just one person. So I am wondering, would it be easy to fly in and find/join a tour once i get there? Or should I make all my arrangements before I arrive?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 34
1. Re: Reserving a Desert Tour from Marrakech

Awful long way to go in just three days, ideally make it four or five. There's three basic ways to do this.

You can contract with a tour company who will take you there and back in a decent vehicle, but of course that will be expensive for a solo visitor.

You can make take public transport (buses and taxis), then when you get to Erg Chebbi make separate arrangements for a bivouac (typically 300-350dh including a camel ride).

Third option is to join a minibus type of tour which consolidates tickets sold by front companies in the side streets around Djemma el Fna. But be aware the transport/service might leave much to be desired. The following link is currently out of action (Lonely Planet is currently down) but gives a flavour: www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/thread.jspa…

2. Re: Reserving a Desert Tour from Marrakech

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 pm, January 06, 2014