We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any private driver recommendations?

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
North Yorkshire...
reviews: 203
Any private driver recommendations?

I am aware that you can ask at your hotel but I would rather sort something out before we get there. I have had one recommendation but he is tied up. He has offered me another driver but I would rather look at a few more before deciding. We don't want to be taken to places where they are on commision to take tourists - just a couple of nice days out to view the scenery. Also we don't want to drive too far no more than one and a half hours in one direction and an hour and a half back with a couple of stops if anyone can suggest a nice itinerary.

If that is wishful thinking we will just concentrate on Marrakesh. I absolutely love architecture particularly of a religious nature so if anyone knows of any specific architecture tours in Marrakesh I would welcome any feedback.

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 137
1. Re: Any private driver recommendations?

I was there 4 days in Marakech, and just used a taxi...

North Yorkshire...
2. Re: Any private driver recommendations?

that is a no then :)

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 33
3. Re: Any private driver recommendations?

Marrakech is on a gently sloping plain at about 450m in altitude, in the lee of the High Atlas Mountains. In 1.5 hours you won't get to many places of interest, suggest you widen the catchment a bit. Also try to do a circular tour rather than back the same way.

One suggestion is Marrakech via Agafey 'desert' to Lac Lalla Takerkoust, then over the Kik Plateau via Moulay Brahim to Asni, then back to Marrakech.

Cardiff, United...
reviews: 30
4. Re: Any private driver recommendations?

Excellent route suggestion from Tim (I have done this route and you get to see some spectacular views), I would personally do it the other way round, i.e. go to Asni first, this way when you go from Moulay Brahim to Lake Lalla Takerkoust, you will go downhill giving you spectacular views of the lake (and some excellent photo opportunities).

North Yorkshire...
5. Re: Any private driver recommendations?

thank you all.

My guide book has arrived today so I shall get stuck into that and see if that route suits. It sounds as it it is worth it from what you both say.

reviews: 14
6. Re: Any private driver recommendations?

Jalil's knowledge and insight is incomparable. The fact that he spent several years in Florida makes his company that much more comfortable for me as an american. He enthusiastically accomodated my request to go food shopping at a 'real" supermarket, where the locals go in order for me to get spices. We travelled to the casbah and he took me to a local restaurant to eat lunch. I got to see the country not only through his eyes but he has a flair for helping make great memories. He is a safe driver and an amazing travel companion. There is no pretense or touristy-ism about his style. His being on time made for a very pleasant experience. Beforehand answered all of my email resquests in a timely manner. He met me at the airport exactly where he said he would be. I was travelling alone and not once was I ever uncomfortable. He was there for me by email, car or phone throughout my ten day trip. I highly recommend his tours, wherever you are travelling in Morocco.

Mumbai (Bombay...
reviews: 1
7. Re: Any private driver recommendations?

can you provide me his contact details also how much did he charge for his services

Cardiff, United...
reviews: 30
8. Re: Any private driver recommendations?

If you google "fabulous driver recommendation marrakech", it will give you the previous post about the driver Jalil with all of his contact details on there.

There are many good drivers around Marrakech, try to get a recommended one or get your hotel/riad to organise the driver for you (this way you will be sure to get a trustworthy driver and not someone who will take you to all of the sales commission stops along your route).

9. Re: Any private driver recommendations?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, January 02, 2014