We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting ripped off? Fez to Marrakech including desert stay

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
reviews: 1
Getting ripped off? Fez to Marrakech including desert stay

Hi there, my husband and I are planning a trip from Fez to Marrakech including a stay in the desert. We've been doing some research and would like to join a tour. We've been quoted 400 Euro per person for a 3 day trek, or 500 Euro per person for a 4 day trek. Does this price seem too high--my feeling is that it might be. Also, how can I negotiate the prices over email? Many thanks for your help.

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 1
1. Re: Getting ripped off? Fez to Marrakech including desert stay

Definitely a rip off but the quality always mater, even if it's a luxurious quality..wouldn't pay what they quoted. Try to negociate the price through Email if not then You can find other deals and offers through the internet.

best of luck!

Cardiff, United...
reviews: 30
2. Re: Getting ripped off? Fez to Marrakech including desert stay

You can negotiate over email, I have done this a few times.......just email back and say you have cheaper quotes and what is the best price they can give you, also get a few other quotes, this way you will get a better idea on the correct prices.

I would say a fair price would be around a total of 550-600 Euros for 3 days (300 Euro each if there are 2 of you) and 750-800 Euros for 4 days (400 Euros each). These prices are for a private tour (not part of a group), it would be with a driver in a 7 seater type vehicle.

It all depends on what level of accommodation you will get, but it looks like you have been given a high price.......

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
reviews: 7
3. Re: Getting ripped off? Fez to Marrakech including desert stay

As MIB 15 put it , the price quoted wll be for private tour and upmarket hotels and at least have board basis. If you choose to go with others you will cut the cost but don't expect 5 star hotel accommodation. Make sure you knwo what 's in and what 's left out

UK
reviews: 3
4. Re: Getting ripped off? Fez to Marrakech including desert stay

We paid 900 Euros for two of us for a private four day tour (with a night in Erg Chebbi) from Marrakech at the beginning of December this year. It wasn't the cheapest quote I had, but it included a choice of lovely hotels, all meals except lunch and we had our own driver and a guide in a seven seater. I went with them partly because of the reviews I'd read, but also because of the way they responded to my emails.

We felt it was well worth it, particularly when our driver managed to get us back over the Tichka Pass to Marrakech in heavy snow, after it had been closed for most of the day and only opened briefly when they got the snow ploughs through. He definitely earned every penny that day!

Our guide was excellent and we learnt a huge amount about the area, the people, Berber culture and politics. We had to cut short our last day so didn't see everything we'd planned, but we had to try to get back over the pass in daylight before the snow froze again, so that wasn't their fault!

5. Re: Getting ripped off? Fez to Marrakech including desert stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, January 01, 2014