We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marrakech to Fes via the Gorges

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Christchurch, New...
reviews: 55
Marrakech to Fes via the Gorges

Have followed the dialogue on many posts re this trip. My wife and I plan to travel the route in mid-late September spending nights in Tinerhir and Midelt. Can anyone comment whether two nights/three days is sufficient to get a reasonable look at the area? We will be travelling via rental car (although there appears to be some conflicting views on cost - website quotes seem high whilst others report 'deals' can be done on the ground. Thanks in anticipation. - steve

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
reviews: 10
1. Re: Marrakech to Fes via the Gorges

your email doesn't mention where will be home base city for the trip to Tinghir and Midlet. If you intend to leave from Marrakech you'll need morer than 2 nights to do the trip. Marrakech tinghir is about 170 kilometers most of it in the mountain. So it will take you the whole day to travel there. Then From tinghir to Midelt is quite a long way you'll have to drive to erfoud and from Erfoud to Errachidia and then from Errachidia to Midelt-- something like 450 kilometers . then I don't know about your plans: do you intend to carry on to Fes or head back to Marrakech

As for rental cars, I think it may be easy to hire a car witha driver because the price will boil to the same. I fyou enta car you'll have also to pay for gas which is very expensive and you'll have to worry about directions

need more tips feel free to ask

cheers

Christchurch, New...
2. Re: Marrakech to Fes via the Gorges

Truebeliever - thanks for feedback. Trip proposed is a loop starting in Casablance - Marrakech - Ouarzazate - Tinehir - Midelt - Fes - Meknes - Rabat - Casablance. We have approx 13-14 days and itinerary is flexible. Was planning to get rental car for Marrakech to Fes part of trip only. Is it not possible to travel direct from Tinehir to Midelt? Are the 300-500 MAD per day for a rental car no longer correct? Thnx

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
3. Re: Marrakech to Fes via the Gorges

since you have a long time to visit the country, I think you should try to take your time to visit the cities you've mentioned and not to rush it. But if you don't mind travelling long distances you can do Tinghir-Midlet in one day. 300 -500 dh for a car a day is decent price. you will still need to pay for the gas.

enjoy your Morocco trip

cheers

Christchurch, New...
4. Re: Marrakech to Fes via the Gorges

Truebeliever - many thanks - we're looking forward to trip - will take our time and hope that once going we can book rooms for 1-2 nights as we go. Intend to spend most time in cities in Marrakech & Fes. Is it reasonable to expect to be able to book a room (hotel, riad, B/B) for the evening outside main cities in mid-late September without booking? - spending up to ~1000 MAD per night - thnx

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
5. Re: Marrakech to Fes via the Gorges

In Late September you can easily find a double in a 3/4* hotel for 1000 dh0

Stay inn touch or ring me once in Marrakech and I can help you with the booking

take care