We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3,4,5 days tour Marrakech - desert tours

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tokyo, Japan
3,4,5 days tour Marrakech - desert tours

Hello !

I'm really interesting in sahara desert tour depart from Marrakech, but i don't know if (3 days,4 days, or 5 days) desert trip from Marrakech to Merzouga are enough to visit Kasbah aitben haddou, Ouarzazate studios, and spend a night in dades gorges & visiting todra gorges..ride a camel to spend 2 nights with nomad peoples in Erg chigaga desert in Merzouga....

After searching on google i found this itineraries , please let me know you advice about this itineraries :

3,4,5 days Marrakech desert trip : www.morocco-excursion.com/excursions.html

3 days fes desert tour: http://www.melitour.com/morocco2008.htm

If 3,4,5 days are not enough what about 10Days, wich the best .

places to visit ?

Please let me know your advice.

Thank u

Stockholm, Sweden
reviews: 45
21. Re: 3,4,5 days tour Marrakech - desert tours

Paolo, I answered you on this thread:

tripadvisor.com/…46810333

Swindon, United...
reviews: 53
22. Re: 3,4,5 days tour Marrakech - desert tours

I have recently, in the past 3 weeks done a 3 day tour from Marrakech to Merzouga, I sourced it through groupon, checked the company website etc. I had previously visited Marrakech for 5 days. I would say 3 days is not enough, there is a lot of time spent travelling with mostly very brief stops on the ay, but less on the horror home stretch from Merzouga to Marrakech in one day. I would also recommend you use a well established and reputable company to travel with, which I strongly suspect ours was not! Saying that I'm glad I did the trip which included camel trek to the very rudimentary camp for one night only thankfully. I didn't expect luxury for sure, but a step up from the uncomfortable camp bed would have been good. There was very poor communication between the driver of our minibus, we had no warning of what was planned for the day and he didn't usually respond to requests to stop for a photograph, and used his teasing manner which seems to be prevalent with many Moroccan men I met, to basically do what he wanted without explanation. The company running the tour I would advise to avoid was GSN Maroc Voyages.

Stockholm, Sweden
23. Re: 3,4,5 days tour Marrakech - desert tours

Chrmaine, thanks for your report, it confirm just my assertion that three-day trip Marrakech - Erg Chebbi - Marrakech is not enough and even if I not use tour company I hope they will think over and not offer such short trips.

Mallorca
24. Re: 3,4,5 days tour Marrakech - desert tours

I agree , 3 days it's possible to do it BUT the last day you will drive 7-8 hours

Stockholm, Sweden
25. Re: 3,4,5 days tour Marrakech - desert tours

Veronica, it is wrong, the last day, therefore Erg Chebbi-Marrakech can never be done in 7-8 hours. 12 hours it take, with minimum stops on the way.

Edited: 5:40 am, February 04, 2013
London
26. Re: 3,4,5 days tour Marrakech - desert tours

Hello !

It's true , the distance between Desert & Marrakech take 10-12 hours .

Maybe you can make it in 7 hours with one oly stop

Stockholm, Sweden
27. Re: 3,4,5 days tour Marrakech - desert tours

no, sorry, never between Erg Chebbi and Marrakech and even between Marrakech - Erg Chigaga, if you not have a magic carpet of course LOL

Bern, Switzerland
28. Re: 3,4,5 days tour Marrakech - desert tours

I am thinking to join a group tour from Fes to Marrakech with www.bouaouinatours.com. Does anyone have any feedback? thanks.

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 62
29. Re: 3,4,5 days tour Marrakech - desert tours

Hi Roberto,

All the reviews are here;

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g293733-d2…

Bern, Switzerland
30. Re: 3,4,5 days tour Marrakech - desert tours

shimmin2robertson, Thanks for all of your help.