We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3,4,5 days tour Marrakech - desert tours

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tokyo, Japan
3,4,5 days tour Marrakech - desert tours

Hello !

I'm really interesting in sahara desert tour depart from Marrakech, but i don't know if (3 days,4 days, or 5 days) desert trip from Marrakech to Merzouga are enough to visit Kasbah aitben haddou, Ouarzazate studios, and spend a night in dades gorges & visiting todra gorges..ride a camel to spend 2 nights with nomad peoples in Erg chigaga desert in Merzouga....

After searching on google i found this itineraries , please let me know you advice about this itineraries :

3,4,5 days Marrakech desert trip : www.morocco-excursion.com/excursions.html

3 days fes desert tour: http://www.melitour.com/morocco2008.htm

If 3,4,5 days are not enough what about 10Days, wich the best .

places to visit ?

Please let me know your advice.

Thank u

Stockholm, Sweden
reviews: 40
1. Re: 3,4,5 days tour Marrakech - desert tours

First I wish to correct you, Merzouga is located in Erg Chebbi (tripadvisor.com/Travel-g304019-s1/Rissani:Mo…),

not in Erg Chigaga, that sand dunes are more south and bigger city there is Zagora - M'Hamid.

It is nice trip from Marrakech to Erg Chebbi, you can visit all you mentioned above. The best is to spend 4-5 days so you can enjoy the trip and not only rush around. At least 1 night on the way to Erg Chebbi, 2 nights there and 1 night back to Marrakech, if you go back to Marrakeche. Otherwise it is 1-2 days to Fes.

You can also do this trip self, by bus or by rent a car. It is the best way to explore Morocco in my opinion.

But you have only 10 days total to stay in Morocco, so try to do your itinerary not so large. Try to see less but relax and enjoy more.

Edited: 8:34 am, December 15, 2012
Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
2. Re: 3,4,5 days tour Marrakech - desert tours

I would agree with Khamlia - there is so much to see and do in Morocco that you do not really want to spend all of your time travelling. Within ten days a three or four night "desert" excursion is possible but consider also the charms of the Imperial city of Marrakech too. You can easily experience the culture, cuisine and attractions offered in this cosmopolitan city and perhaps give yourself a day trip to the Atlantic coast (Essaouira?) or the High Atlas mountains too.

Athens, Greece
reviews: 19
3. Re: 3,4,5 days tour Marrakech - desert tours

I have done a trip to Merzouga from Marrakech in 3 days, visited en route places you mention, except Ouarzazate studios (located outside the town and dont know if worthwhile), stayed overnight under the stars and then back. It can be done, interesting but a bit rushed. We did have a good driver and a guide with us.

Stockholm, Sweden
reviews: 40
4. Re: 3,4,5 days tour Marrakech - desert tours

Of course it is doable, but I would not recommend to do this trip in only 3 days. Sit in the car about 10-12 hours and rush without relaxing.

Fes, Morocco
5. Re: 3,4,5 days tour Marrakech - desert tours

Hi !

If you have short time , you can do it :

Day1 : Marrakech - Tizi-n-Tichka- Telouet -Kasbah ait benhaddou - Ouarzazate

Day2: Ouarzazate - Dades Gorges - Todra Gorge -Merzouga Camel trek and night in erg chebbi desert

But the last day you have to drive back from Merzouga to Marrakech

Regards

Edited: 6:38 am, December 22, 2012
6. Re: 3,4,5 days tour Marrakech - desert tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:35 am, December 27, 2012
Brasileia, AC
7. Re: 3,4,5 days tour Marrakech - desert tours

If you don't have more time, 3 days is enough, you will visit the must popular areas

Palma de Mallorca...
8. Re: 3,4,5 days tour Marrakech - desert tours

Hello !

I'm new here and i have the same question we have short time in Morocco and i want to know if 3 days desert tour depart from Marrakech to the desert trough kasbah ait benhaddou, Ouarzazate, dades valley & gorges, todra gorges & camel trekking for one night in Merzouga (Erg Chebbi) desert..

It's possible to do it in 3 days ?

Thanks

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 33
9. Re: 3,4,5 days tour Marrakech - desert tours

Three days implies two days getting there, one day getting back. The return journey will be 12 solid hours or more pounding tarmac with hardly any stops.

And at this time of the year, you will be travelling in darkness some of the time which is really dangerous on Moroccan roads.

You may have a fleeting visit to Ait Benhaddou on the way out, might have time for a quick coffee in Ouarzazate, but to properly see the Dades Gorge involves a 120km side trip which you won't have time for.

Thornton Cleveleys...
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
reviews: 22
10. Re: 3,4,5 days tour Marrakech - desert tours

If it helps at all, this is our itinerary for May. It might give you some ideas.

We're spending two night in a camp in the dunes at Erg Chebbi and the reason for the circuitous route on the return journey is that we want to stay at a particular hotel in Tinfou that is good for astronomy. We've booked a private driver and organised our own accommodation so we have the option to change things around to suit.

Day 1: Marrakech – Tizi-N-Tichka pass - Skoura - Kelaa M'Gouna

Day 2: Kelaa M’Gouna- Tineghir - Todra Gorge - Erfoud – Merzouga

Day 3: tour of Merzouga, Erg Chebbi dunes, Khamlia village, Taouz rock art, mountain fossil area, Dayet Sriji salt lake fossils

Day 4:Merzouga - Rissani - Zagora- Tamegroute – Tinfou

Day 5: Tamegroute - Tamenougalt Kasbah - Agdz - Ouarzazate – Oasis Fint

Day 6: Oasis Fint - Ouarzazate – Ait BenHaddou - Kasbah of Telouet - Tizi N'Tichka Pass – Marrakech

It would have been possible in 4 days with more driving and less time in the desert but we won't be doing this trip every year so we wanted to make it as good as possible.

You have so many options, make sure you thoroughly research them all and chose what is best for you. I contacted over 40 people (drivers and tour companies) and looked at dozens of places to stay before I decided, so don't rush into anything.