We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marrakech New Years Eve 2012/13

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Marrakech New Years Eve 2012/13

Hi, I'm going to be in Marrakech over New Years Eve and wondered what will be going on? Where's the best place to go? Am open to any suggestions and i have no idea on budget although very expensive is out i'm afraid!! Any help and ideas would be greatly appreciated, thank you x

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 62
1. Re: Marrakech New Years Eve 2012/13

Hi,

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293734-i9196-k595…

posted yesterday may help give you some ideas.

Marrakech, Morocco
2. Re: Marrakech New Years Eve 2012/13

Hey , I live in Marrakech .

There are plenty of places you can visit in Marrekch , it just depends on how many days you are staying in. If you book in a Riad inside the medina, you can go to the square of jemaa lefna a,d visit the biggest Souk (market ) IN Morocco. Visit the museums and many many historical site inside the medina. When you are in Marrakech you may also want to go and visit the majorelle gardens not far away from Medina and the gardens of Menara . If you have a little bit of time you can drive outside Marrakech to Imlil and do one or two days excursion trekking in Toubkal 4165 M.

London, United...
3. Re: Marrakech New Years Eve 2012/13

Hi, thank you both for your replies. I did see that thread from yesterday but i was looking for somewhere to see the new year in and it didn't mention anywhere specific.

I'm staying 1 night at Al Fassia Aguedal and then moving onto a different hotel on new years day for a further 2 nights.

Do the hotels normally do anything to celebrate do you know? i have looked on their website but i can't see anything.

If not is there a restaurant or somewhere else that would have a nice atmosphere to see in the New Year?

I have never been to Morocco before so am looking forward to experiencing and seeing as much as i can.

Thanks.

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 62
4. Re: Marrakech New Years Eve 2012/13

Hi,

Most hotels will have something planned for the 31st. Does the Aguedal not offer anything? It is on the far east of town so you are close to Pacha if a club is your idea of fun?

If you want to come into Marrakech for the evening you'll have to book as soon as possible and bear in mind that a lot of places add quite a mark up for that night. Cafe Arabe usually has a DJ and special food, Maison Arabe will be filling up I'd guess, Le Foundouk, Villa Flore...all the way up to La Mamounia! Too many to list.

In Gueliz you have Le Comptoir Darna, Grand Cafe de la Poste, The Renaissance Hotel...

The cafes and foodstalls on the square will be jumping if alcohol is not important.

Rome, Italy
reviews: 11
5. Re: Marrakech New Years Eve 2012/13

Here some ideas on prices:

- Le Gourmet/Four Season: 3.800

- Azar: 1.500

- The Red Sun: 1.300

- Fogo de Chad: 1.800

- Lotus Club: 2.500

- Comptoir: 2.200

- Dar Moha: 2.000

- Jad Mahal: 2.500

- Sofitel: 3.500

- Toro Loco: 1.200

- Diaffa: 700

- Bo & Zin: 2.000

L'Izbar: 900

Loft: 950

Chat que rit: 850

Cafe Arabe: 850

The prices are all in dirhams

Patterdale
reviews: 8
6. Re: Marrakech New Years Eve 2012/13

Is everything shops,markets etc open over new year ?

Thanks

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
7. Re: Marrakech New Years Eve 2012/13

Mainly yes.

8. Re: Marrakech New Years Eve 2012/13

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, August 30, 2014