We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Year's Eve

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
reviews: 98
New Year's Eve

Hi,

I will be in Marrakech again end of December and I am trying to find a place for New Year's Eve party. I am not thinking about any folklore style dinner in a riad as I have done that. A big party with live modern music preferably. Any advice?

Thanks!

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
reviews: 55
1. Re: New Year's Eve

Not heard of any venue offering such an event so would be pleased too if anyone has heard of one.

Casablanca
2. Re: New Year's Eve

Hi Andra;

Welcome back to Morocco Travel forum.

If i were you i'd spend it somewhere else for example Fes or Under the Stars.

Not sure if there is somewhere special than the desert, witha typical life much better than a modern Music and modern life, so just for Visitors looking for Modern New Year's Eve celebrations New York has the best as Morocco has special places for it to enjoy it, Essaouira also is Fantastic location as it's very romantic and lovely.

Happy Travels

3. Re: New Year's Eve

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:05 am, December 10, 2012
Casablanca
4. Re: New Year's Eve

This is not the place to advertise your spam Mr adventuretrek, your tout will be vanished in while.

Edited: 12:59 pm, December 09, 2012
marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 53
5. Re: New Year's Eve

Hi Ardra1906,

For a modern New Year party you should have a look at what these places for example are offering on their websites (in no particular order as the say);

Jad Mahal, Theatro, Cafe Arabe, Comptoir Darna, Pacha and the Grand cafe de la Poste. There are lots of places offering either DJ or live music options but you will have to book as soon as you make a choice as places tend to fill up very quickly at this time of year.

Edited: 5:09 pm, December 09, 2012
Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
reviews: 55
6. Re: New Year's Eve

Sorry, I should have made my reply at #! clearer. I know of course about all the overheated, overloud and overpriced clubs but I was thinking more about outdoor venues as HamidB suggests. As a Scot we are reknowned for our Hogmany bashes (despite the weather!) and I was wondering if anyone was enterprising enough to organise a similar event here. I have experienced twelve New Years in Morocco but have never seen a "holiday bash" here advertised. I realise it's unlikely but there are a huge influx of visitors to the city at this time of the year so maybe a mini-Hogmany might be possible. Or perhaps, as a resident, I'll organise one myself for next year!

Casablanca
7. Re: New Year's Eve

That's Good Pilobolus.

Actually for Event organizers in Morocco should think of this and make some special and unique Celebration for the NYE Event to make a part of people making it something special, so Just for The New Year's Eve is something that Morocco and Moroccans still developping and making the visitors find their availability first, and making an amount to Enjoying it in several parts of Morocco some in the Cities, Mountains, Beach and the desert places and each of this has the secrets of it making the Visitors enjoying their time as Morocco now selected as one of the best Destinations in the world to make a Holiday either celebrating an Event, or Taking a holiday for Culture, breaks and for making a lifetime experience by locals.

Andra there is other Places you can make your NYE Party perfect either in Marrakech, but still have not heard about any special Event at the Moment.

Hope Next Year there will be something special to expect.

Edited: 6:49 am, December 10, 2012
Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 1
8. Re: New Year's Eve

Big Party?

Modernity and just Fancy high class people?

check this out============) https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphot…

The event on facebook : https:/…

Something more high class Or fancier ?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphot…

Or https://www.facebook.com/photo.php…

I hope I was at least a bit useful.

cheers

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 1
9. Re: New Year's Eve

PS: Those events are organized by Europeans who live in Marrakech or visiting for a while. Most of the attendees usually are not Moroccans.

Cheers,

London
reviews: 98
10. Re: New Year's Eve

Thanks everyone!!!

Pilobolus2011 I think you should definitely organize mini-Hogmany! A little bit of Scotland in the middle of Morocco :-) Sounds perfect for me as I love both these lands :-)

I am coming to Morocco for 10 days this time and I am actually thinking of going to the desert but after New Year. I was thinking about a big party for New Year's Eve as I am coming alone and it's not fun being the only person who has come without friends for a small party... Plus I like me some dancing :-)