We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marrakesh-Ouarzazate-Zagora (3 nights)

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas
reviews: 7
Marrakesh-Ouarzazate-Zagora (3 nights)

Hello everyone. I look forward to your input on the below itinerary in the third week of December. We are planning on hiring a private car with driver for the below 3 night trip and already have hotels booked. Looking forward to your suggestions on this as well as how much should this cost for a good english speaking driver/4x4 car for 2 people (no hotels/tips/meals)? I emailed several agencies and price range is all over the place. Thanks.

- 1st day : Marrakech - High Atlas - Kasbah of Telouet - Kasbah of Ait Ben Haddou - Atlas Film Studios - Ouarzazate.

- 2nd day : Ouarzazate - Kasbah Taourirt and Kasbah Tamadaght (if time permits) - Draa Valley - La Palmerie de Skoura - Agdz (quick stop) - Night at Hotel in Zagora

- 3rd day : Zagora - Tinfou Dunes - Tamegroute - Zagora Market (maybe buy some dates) - Night at Hotel in Ouarzazate.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 35
1. Re: Marrakesh-Ouarzazate-Zagora (3 nights)

I thought Kasbah Tamadaght (day 2) was close to Ait Benhaddou in which case you are doubling back. And personally I'd stop overnight on day 1 at Ait Benhaddou rather than Ouarzazate.

Skoura is an hour the east of Ouarzazate, but then you are driving back to Ouarzazate to visit Agdz?

Skoura pics: morocco-knowledgebase.net/forum/…

None of the sand dunes in Morocco are the "Sahara desert" (which is way to the south) and all the dunes are fairly small but Tinfou sand dunes is really tiny and I'm sure it will be a disappointment.

Edited: 8:10 pm, December 08, 2012
London, United...
2. Re: Marrakesh-Ouarzazate-Zagora (3 nights)

You really need to go to Merzouga which is perfectly doable in 3 nights. Your itinerary needs some work I think.

Stockholm, Sweden
reviews: 40
3. Re: Marrakesh-Ouarzazate-Zagora (3 nights)

No, sorry, to go to Merzouga is doable in 3 nights, but not just perfectly, that would be in 4 nights in that case.

And sand dunes in Morocco are outermost edge of the Sahara desert. Tinfou is very small sand dune, as someone took a bucket and poured the sand on the ground.

I suggest too to stay over in Ait BenHaddou than in Ouarzazate.

Right, apart from that Skoura is located east of Ouarzazate, so your itinerary is in wrong order. Would you go to Draa Valley, then back to Skoura and then back to Draa Valley again?

Casablanca
4. Re: Marrakesh-Ouarzazate-Zagora (3 nights)

It's doable and much better to go in 3 Days to Merzouga, starting your trip as follow:

Day 1: Marrakech-Ouarzazate-Dades Boumalen.

Day 2: Dades-Todra Gorges-merzouga.

Day 3: merzouga-Marrakech.

As Khamlia recommends to do 4 Days will be easier and much better as you will experience and do so much in 4 days.

Happy Travels.

5. Re: Marrakesh-Ouarzazate-Zagora (3 nights)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 pm, December 17, 2013