We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

marrakesh

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
liverpool
reviews: 7
marrakesh

Hi everybody any info wil be very much appreciated we are 2 females traveling to marrakech in january staying at the morrocan house hotel . What plug adapters do we need ? are we best taking english money and change in marrakech ? where is the best places to change money ? what are the restaurant prices ? any info would be very helpful thanks xx

Edited: 7:20 am, December 06, 2012
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 35
1. Re: marrakesh

We must be psychic as we have anticipated your questions and have already prepared answers for you... ;)

Look to the right: "What electrical adaptor for Morocco" (under top questions).

Also "Banks and money"

liverpool
2. Re: marrakesh

thankyou so much do you know what the weather will be like middle of january ty x

London, United...
reviews: 53
3. Re: marrakesh

You will love Moroccan House hotel, I loved it so much Im going back in a week, as Tim said, a lot of the info is up there for you.

I went in the beginning of Feb and it was T Shirt weather all day and light jacket in evening, but weather there is quite unpredictable so just plan ahead and have a look on sites nearer the time, such as wunderground etc.

Change money at the airport or at the hotel, rates are the same anywhere.

Restaurants are cheap, but when in Marrakech, you should check out the street food in the square at night, one of the best experiences ever, food is very cheap, around a fiver each for a salad, drink, meats, chips, olives, etc, you will be full up!

Meshwi in pitta (lamb) very yum - is about 3-4 pounds (when I was there in April this year - Prices may change seasonally). restaurants and cafes seem pretty cheap generally, but some of the hotels cost a little more and can be a little expensive.

liverpool
4. Re: marrakesh

thanks ur post is very helpfull xx

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 35
5. Re: marrakesh

> "do you know what the weather will be like middle of january"

Yup, we anticipated that one as well, just click on "WEATHER INFORMATION" in the top questions section.

reviews: 12
6. Re: marrakesh

Hi cathy,

We came back yesterday, we needed a 2 pin plug adaptor in our riad so I would pack one of those. I know that you're not going till January but weather wise we found that layers worked well as when the sun came out it was lovely and warm but quite chilly if we were in the shade or there was cloud cover. The evenings and nights got quite cold too.

We were paying around 20 dirham (we got 13.3 ish to the pound) for coffees in the restaurants dotted around the square and were paying approx 150 - 200 dirham for a good filling lunch with soft drinks. You can eat alot cheaper but I suppose you are paying for the location which was fine by us.

liverpool
7. Re: marrakesh

thankyou so much very helpful xx

Sri Lanka
8. Re: marrakesh

Can anyone suggest accommodation/riad etc close to Djemma El Fna that won't break the bank for 2 mature women. Looking for something laid back and friendly, smaller, but not in-your-face., comfortable and value for money.

Don't we all just want 'everything'? Much appreciate any help. Stayed before at small hotel round the corner from Central Palace Hotel, but can't remember the name.. Stayed at Central Palace also. Location is great

around there..

9. Re: marrakesh

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, March 29, 2014