We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family of four traveling to Morocco in July

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
san leandro
reviews: 15
Family of four traveling to Morocco in July

We will be spending 6 nights in Morocco in July as part of a longer trip to Europe. I'm in the midst of planning the trip and have spent quite a bit of time reading the forums for advice on where to go. We're a family of four, with two boys, ages 13 and 11. Initially I thought an overnight camel trek would be a great experience for my kids, but am concerned about the heat of the dessert in the summer. So, our thought now is to fly into Marrakech for three nights, bus or train to Essaouira for three nights, then bus or train back to Marrakech for our flight to spain. I'm thinking Essaouira might be nice because the coast would be a little more refreshing and it would be a good break for my boys. We're still early enough in the planning that we can change things, so wanted to get advice on our itinerary. Anyone travel with kids to Morroco during the summer and have other ideas for us?

Edited: 2:25 pm, December 05, 2012
Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
reviews: 10
1. Re: Family of four traveling to Morocco in July

your plan sounds feasible.Just a clarification there are no trains between Marrakech and Essaouira but the supra tours bus is quite comfortable and cheaper

Miami
reviews: 3
2. Re: Family of four traveling to Morocco in July

There is no train in Between Essaouira and Marrakesh, during July the weather in Marrakesh would be really Hot but i think is fine cuz not humide, i would highly recommend Essaouira, but i think 3 nights will be alot for this city, so make it 2 nights, then explore Marrakesh on the rest and the Atlas Mountains.

Good Luck Jessica

Casablanca
3. Re: Family of four traveling to Morocco in July

Hi Robyn;

You are welcome to Morocco Travel froum.

First of all, You will have only 3 nights in Morocco, which means you will land in the first day, and you will need to explore Marrakech, as you need to do a Day Trip to Essaouira, moreover; you mentioned a Camel Trek Overnight.

By the way, In marrakech you will need at least 3 Days to explore just some interesting parts of it, for Essaouira you can do it but you'd miss Marrakech sites, Thus, i'd suggest to give your whole trip to Marrakech, for a Desert Trip you only need about 3 days minimum for the Long drives from marrakech via the High atlas Mountains and the Kasbahs..., altough the heat still Camel Trek overnights arranged with no problems, as they departs for the desert camel ride while the sun get cooler.

From Marrakech to Essaouira you can use the Bus of Supratours as public Transportation using the same website of the Trains : www.oncf.ma

happy travels and feel free to post any concerning questions.

4. Re: Family of four traveling to Morocco in July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 pm, December 17, 2013