We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip planning for Marrakech and sorroundings

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Madrid, Spain
Trip planning for Marrakech and sorroundings

Hello everybody,

In my first post here, I would like to present you our plans for a 2 people short trip to Marrakech and sorroundings, and aks for advice :-)

- 8/Dec --> Arrival around 4pm, and walk around the city.

- 9/Dec --> One day trip to Ouzoud Water Falls (renting a car), and again explore the city in the evening

- 10-11/Dec --> Trip to Zagora dessert

- 12/Dec --> Walk around the city, and maybe some shopping. Leaving at noon.

We are thinking also about some alternatives. What do you think? what is a "must"?

- Change the 2-day trip to Zagora for a 3-day trip to Merzouga (9-11)

- Change the trip to Ouzoud Waterfalls for a day trip to Essaouira

We are also wondering what is cheaper alternative, if to make the bookings by web, or try to get some good prizes there.

- For the 2 day to Zagora, i have seen prizes from 120€-200€/person. What do you think?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards!

Miami
reviews: 3
1. Re: Trip planning for Marrakech and sorroundings

Just Clarification ; 2days/1night trip to Zagora takes about 7hours in the car each way, and the huge sand dunes are 1h30 south east of the city of Zagora, i would recommend 3days/2nights or more to Merzouga for a real Sahara Experience.

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 60
2. Re: Trip planning for Marrakech and sorroundings

Hhi,

In such a short visit all you can hope to achieve is the desert trip. Most people recommend at the very least 3 days/2 nights and you will still be on the road a lot of that time. You won't see much of Marrakech and certainly can't fit in another day trip in this timescale.

Edited: 5:31 pm, December 05, 2012
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 33
3. Re: Trip planning for Marrakech and sorroundings

Slow down, chill out. Otherwise all you will remember is the pounding of tarmac.

Casablanca
4. Re: Trip planning for Marrakech and sorroundings

Very advices given by all above.

Take it slow and make your trip a lifetime experience, for the desert i'd suggest not to do the very quick one, try to take the following itinerary to make it memorable and have a lot to experience and see :

1 - Marrakech-Dades .

2 - Dades-Todra Gorges-Merzouga. Camel trek overnight.

3- merzouga-Agdz-Ouarzazate.

4- Ouarzazate-Marrakech via ait ben-haddou.

You will arrive and relax in Marrakech first, and explore Marrakech taking enough time .

For a Day Trip try to make either to essaouira or the High Atlas Mountains as a best options to make it good.

For the Booking you can get good rates while in Marrakech by local agencies or by contacting your riad to arrange the best choice for you with a private driver sharing the Tour with other visitors, as you can book it online in case of busy period.

So for Essaouira, you don't need any just going with a Supratours bus easier, cheaper and simple.

Check timetable at www.oncf.ma

Happy Travels.

Boston...
5. Re: Trip planning for Marrakech and sorroundings

Hi Jessica,

I can't see your message for some reason. Could you message me again or just reply to my post?

Thanks!

Casablanca
6. Re: Trip planning for Marrakech and sorroundings

This is really interesting, Jessica must be advertising sending you private message recommending her friend's BF this is not legal and be aware from any private message can be sent you, it's all just spams, if she has something to say better to reply on your post here.

Happy Travels.

Madrid, Spain
7. Re: Trip planning for Marrakech and sorroundings

Hello,

thanks a lot for your advices.

For Jessica message, i dont see any problem

best regards

8. Re: Trip planning for Marrakech and sorroundings

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 pm, December 17, 2013