We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A Different Clothing Question

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Huntington
A Different Clothing Question

Every question I see is about what is proper or not proper attire for the culture.

I have not seen one single comment as regards where we are going. If my husband and I go to a nice restaurant for dinner & cocktails, are slacks okay or should I wear a dress more appropriate for evening?

If we go to the rooftop bar/restaurant, is it dressy or casual.

This is the only answer I am unable to find anywhere. Where do I go casual and where do I need to be dressy. Someone please help.

1. Re: A Different Clothing Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 7:17 pm, December 04, 2012
Edited: 7:17 pm, December 04, 2012
marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 63
2. Re: A Different Clothing Question

Hi,

The more expensive a restaurant is the classier you dress just like anywhere else.

Marrakech restaurants are quite forgiving about tourists dress code and very aware that the weather can have an influence so wear what you feel is appropriate for a night out.

Sheffield, United...
reviews: 27
3. Re: A Different Clothing Question

Gail,

Just dress for the surroundings you will be in ..... as you would in any other country.

ie; expensive hotel or restaurant...... nice dress or slacks is equally acceptable but really it's what you feel comfortable in that matters most.

You will be amongst many styles of dress that reflects the different nationalities

that live, work and visit this country.

Drummermum :))

Edited: 7:49 pm, December 04, 2012
UK
reviews: 3
4. Re: A Different Clothing Question

What time of year are you going? We got back yesterday and the weather was pretty chilly for a lot of the time, very cold at night. It warmed up in the daytime in the last couple of days. People dressed accordingly as Shimmin said and because it was quite chilly in several of the restaurants no-one seemed to bat an eyelid if you kept your fleece on. Having said that, we didn't eat anywhere particularly expensive so I can't comment on the dress code there. We had thermals with us for our night in the desert, so although we hadn't expected to need them in Marrakech itself, we wore them when we ate in the square and also for watching sunset from the Kosybar roof - we were a lot more comfortable than we'd have been otherwise!

Sheffield, United...
reviews: 27
5. Re: A Different Clothing Question

I always take clothes to layer as Marrakech weather is not always predictable.

I'm going again in January so will be definately travelling in warm gear and boots which are useful if the temperature really drops at night.

Other than that I will be hopeful of seeing some sun on some of the days and so will be prepared for every eventuality with my 'layered look'

Whatever the weather it'll be a lot better than here at home

Don't fret the small stuff and you'll have a good experience I'm sure:))

6. Re: A Different Clothing Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 pm, December 17, 2013