We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

19 more sleeps and counting!

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chafford 100,Essex
reviews: 4
19 more sleeps and counting!

We are travelling to Marrakech on 22nd December for 5 nights. I can't wait, so exited!

We are staying at Riad Ammssafah, in Marrakechfor 2 nights, then Riad Atlas Toubkal in Imlil on 24th then back to Riad Ammssafah for the final 2 nights.

I do like to be organised when we travel for short periods, so have started to write up the itinerary (don't want to waiste time sitting in the Riad not knowing wherer to go/what to do. However, I am worried that I may 'over plan' and not have any relaxing/down time.

Looking for a nice Italian restaurant to go to for Xmas day in the evening when we return to Marrakech, I understand that we probably need to Pre-book, any suggestions?

Exited!!

Angie

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 60
1. Re: 19 more sleeps and counting!

Hi,

Pepe Nero is a popular choice. Have a look at the reviews and yes, you will definately have to prebook.

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
2. Re: 19 more sleeps and counting!

Other suggestions for Italian restaurants are made in the following thread:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293734-i9196-k579…

Chafford 100,Essex
3. Re: 19 more sleeps and counting!

We have decided on La Trattoria De Giancarlo, it looks lovely and the food looks good.

I have emailed (on Tuesday and again on Wednesday) to make a reservation, asking them to reply to confirm. However, they haven't got back to me - I am now not sure weather to just turn up on 25th as I have sent a reservation request and hope or to make a reservation elsewhere. I really don't want to end up with no where to eat on 25th as everywhere else is booked.

Ang

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
4. Re: 19 more sleeps and counting!

You could ask your riad to telephone the restaurant to confirm your booking, and if not reserved ask them to do this for you (the riad will be asked for a deposit.) It would give you more peace of mind this way.

5. Re: 19 more sleeps and counting!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:05 am, December 12, 2012
Rome, Italy
reviews: 11
6. Re: 19 more sleeps and counting!

As Italian I can NOT suggest you La trattoria da Giancarlo. Isn't Italian!!!!!! I can suggest you:

- L'Ultimo Bacio (Gueliz)

- Pepe Nero (Medina)

- Casanova (Gueliz)

Cheers

Paola

Chafford 100,Essex
7. Re: 19 more sleeps and counting!

Now I have only 8 more sleeps!

So far we have - prebooked flight seats, printed off tickets/boarding passes, booked La Trattora for evening meal on 25th, booked Riad Atlas Toubkal for 24th, Riad Amsaffah for our main stay in Marrakech, got the cases from the loft. So let the packing begin! We have got our thermals for while in the Atlas Mountains.

Exited.com!

Ang

8. Re: 19 more sleeps and counting!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, December 17, 2013