We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Morocco trip

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brooklyn, New York
Morocco trip

Hi, Im leaving for Morocco on December 16 until the 23. I actually have a bunch of questions. Is it warm enough to wear shorts and enjoy the outside pool? I will be staying in Marrakech...how comfortable can I dress as in shorts, skirts, tank tops etc... I will be traveling alone so how safe is it? I've traveled alone before...Turkey. I like to go site seeing but also like a little nightlife I'm only 37 so a little adventure can be fun! Can I use the same outlet plug I use in Europe? (Greece, Turkey) Would I have time to visit Fes? What are the best places to visit in Marrakech?

Thanks,

Athens, Greece
reviews: 19
1. Re: Morocco trip

December is winter time, prepare for warm clothing, jacket for the evenings, daytime can be warm, but outside pool ?

Marrakech is an international city, dressing varies according to an individual, shorts tank tops OK for tourists.

Check further on Question on Marocco, right hand column on TA page for clothing advice.

Plugs are the same as in Greece.

Edited: 2:18 am, November 27, 2012
idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
reviews: 288
2. Re: Morocco trip

just dress a bit modest, my opinion, to not attract unwanted looks ect. nothing too flashy. just my opinion,

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 60
3. Re: Morocco trip

Hi,

Weather seasonal averages, what to wear, electrical adaptors and safety are all discussed in the Top Questions box on the right. Some very useful tips there. Have a look too at the Things To Do tab on the left for ideas to occupy your time in Marrakech.

You could visit Fes in the 7 days but it is a 7 hour train journey so bear hat in mind. Might be better to stick to Marrakech and have a couple of day trips; the mountains are close by and even Essaouira on the coast can be a day trip (though I'd say go for a night).

Edited: 7:17 am, November 27, 2012
Stockholm, Sweden
reviews: 40
4. Re: Morocco trip

Marrakech weather currently accuweather.com/en/…244231

But what is today not need to be tomorrow :)

Brooklyn, New York
5. Re: Morocco trip

Thanks everyone really helpful!

Boston...
6. Re: Morocco trip

Hi , i visited Marrakech before .The weather was cool in the morning ,but cold in th evning and night, so you have to bring some warm clothes,and sun clothes too.About the blug we use the same us Europe.Also be caful when you walk in a place wher there are a lot of people.

There are several places i recommend visiting in Marrakech, ther is a palace where the king used to live. there is an other place named Jamie Lafna , wher you can find different typical Moroccan food , and some people do shows whith snaks ,monkeys , fire ,and other things. You can also visit the nearby city of Agadir ,i heard it's a beautiful city too.

reviews: 12
7. Re: Morocco trip

We came back yesterday, My advice would be to take a mix of clothes. Layers worked well as it gets a bit chilly when the sun goes in. The evenings were chilly too.

If the weather is similar to what it has been for the last 5 days I would sayit won't be warm enough for shorts.

8. Re: Morocco trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, December 16, 2013