We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Petit taxis in Marrakech

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Marrakech
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
Petit taxis in Marrakech

I haven't seen any mention of the changes to taxi prices in Marrakech, so I thought it was about time that I mentioned it.

In July 2012 the prices of petit taxis changed.

For a petit taxi the meter starts at 1.70 MAD and counts up 0.24 MAD every 100 metres. In the evening there is a 50% increase. The minimum fare is 7 MAD during the daytime and 10 MAD in the evening.

For petit taxis that park outside hotels there is a surcharge of 10 MAD plus the meter fee.

Between the airport and the city the fee should be 70 MAD. Between the airport and the Palmeraie the fee should be 100 MAD. (I will be interested to find out if tourists are offered these low prices).

There is a new taxi service called 'taxis verts'. If you are unable to find a taxi you can call 0524409494 and a taxi should arrive in 10 minutes. For this service you must pay 10 MAD plus the meter fee. The taxis involved in this service are ordinary petit taxis with a 'taxis verts' sticker on the windscreen and a radio in the taxi. If you flag the taxi down without calling you don't have to pay the extra 10 MAD.

I have not tried this service therefore I cannot comment on efficiency. I am not involved in the company. I just thought it may be useful information for travellers.

All petit taxis should display a sticker on the windscreen in front of the passenger seat displaying fee charges. At the bottom of the sticker are the phone numbers for the Prefecture de police (headquarters) and the Wilaya (local government).

I hope this helps someone.

35 replies to this topic
Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 11
1. Re: Petit taxis in Marrakech

Thanks for the info, heresmyreply.

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
reviews: 7
2. Re: Petit taxis in Marrakech

very helpful. If you call a taxi you will pay 10 dh more than what the meter says. It remains to be seen whether the taxi drivers follow the rules and stop taking tourists for fools

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 60
3. Re: Petit taxis in Marrakech

Hi,

Thanks for posting this. You may want to add it to the Top Questions box?

I have used the taxis verts service several times now for guests and they do indeed turn up when you have booked them and you pay the meter price plus 10 Dhs. Saves a lot of hassle.

Marrakech
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
4. Re: Petit taxis in Marrakech

Shimmin - I can't access the top questions box at the moment, but if you want to add this thread feel free to do so.

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
5. Re: Petit taxis in Marrakech

Consider it done :-)

Cardiff, United...
reviews: 30
6. Re: Petit taxis in Marrakech

Thanks for posting this, it is a very informative post.

The taxi drivers actually putting their meters on.........paying the extra 10 DH will still work out a lot cheaper for most tourists.

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
7. Re: Petit taxis in Marrakech

Hi,

Taxis Vert also operate in Casablanca;

05 22 48 48 01

8. Re: Petit taxis in Marrakech

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 9:07 am, October 29, 2013

Hong Kong, China
9. Re: Petit taxis in Marrakech

Hello, do you know how much of taxi from Plaza to Jemaa El Fna' square in the night? Thank you

Marrakech
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
10. Re: Petit taxis in Marrakech

10-15 MAD on the meter.

Reply to: Petit taxis in Marrakech
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted