We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marrakech in mid June

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, UK
reviews: 4
Marrakech in mid June

I have a couple of questions about Marrakech (finally going to one of my top 5 dream destinations-for 5 days in June with 2 friends!)

There will be three of us girls travelling together from London-is tehre anything beyong common sense precautions that we should be careful about?

Is it advisable to just explore the town on our own or would you strongly reccomend hiring a guide?

As we all will be travelling from the UK with our UK ATM cards-how much cash (if any) should we bring with us?

Thank you all in advance!

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
reviews: 10
1. Re: Marrakech in mid June

Hi there

you may need to hire a local guide the first day if you have a special place you need to see. Otherwise you can discover the city at your pace and on your own. As for precautions, it's always safe not ot carry a lot of cash on one's self because there are plenty of ATMs everywhere. If you're staying at a riad or hotel you can leave your passports there. It's unpleasant to lose valuable papers and spend the holiday trying to find them.

Marrakech is safer than most places I've been to but one is never safe enough. So common sense is required

cheers