We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marrakesh weather June/July/August

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
uk
reviews: 1
Marrakesh weather June/July/August

I'm being lazy here and asking this question before I research properly - if June to Sept is their low season, what is the weather like and is there an obvious reason why it's cheaper then? Or why you wouldn't go then?

thanks as always.

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
reviews: 6
1. Re: Marrakesh weather June/July/August

If you log on to most websites of riads and compare their prices you'll find ouy that it's cheaper to book from June through September. Why is it cheaper? simply because it's hotter. In Marrakech temperatures hover around 40 in July and August. No big deal if you're staying in a riad with pool and air conditioning but even then the streets will be hot and walking around may be a pain in the neck. So my advice is: if you don't mind the heat go for it.

cheers

uk
2. Re: Marrakesh weather June/July/August

thanks for that - I think now we've thought of Marrakesh (and read all about it) we won't be able to wait until the cooler weather so if we can find air-con we'll go soon! thnks again.

uk
3. Re: Marrakesh weather June/July/August

truebeliever - can I ask you another question - if we just want to concentrate on Marrakesh itself, would you say two whole days is sufficient for a good 'taster' or do we need more time? thanks, I appreciate your local knowledge!

Marrakech
4. Re: Marrakesh weather June/July/August

I reckon 2 days is enough to get a flavour of Marrakech in summer- you might want to consider out of town, after Oukaimden or Imlil.

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
5. Re: Marrakesh weather June/July/August

it depends on what you want to do . there are people who never tire of Marrakech even after one week. they go and come back. But if you're hard pressed for time, you amy spend a day visiting historic monuments and a couple of gardens, then another day visiting the souks. And as Taromit suggested, you may want to consider hitting fresher places like the nearby mountains or Essaouira

cheers

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
6. Re: Marrakesh weather June/July/August

it depends on what you want to do . there are people who never tire of Marrakech even after one week. they go and come back. But if you're hard pressed for time, you amy spend a day visiting historic monuments and a couple of gardens, then another day visiting the souks. And as Taromit suggested, you may want to consider hitting fresher places like the nearby mountains or Essaouira

cheers