We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Argan oil & black soap

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
reviews: 53
Argan oil & black soap

Hi,

I'm interested in buying some argan oil and black soap and was wondering where the cheapest place to buy these would be? Also, would I be able to ship them to Australia? Thank you!

53 replies to this topic
marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 62
1. Re: Argan oil & black soap

Hi,

There is a good shop for Argan products on Rue de Mouassine (near Villa Flore restaurant) or you can just buy it in a supermarket. Black soap you can buy at lots of kiosks in the medina (you'll see it either in a big bucket or in individual small pots).

As Australia has very strict rules about importing you better check with customs there but you can certainly ship/post stuff to Oz from Morocco.

Cardiff, United...
reviews: 30
2. Re: Argan oil & black soap

Be careful as the cheapest is often not pure Argan Oil.

The best place to buy Argan Oil is around Essaouira. If you cannot make it to Essaouira then my favourite place in Marrakech for Argan Oil is Herboristerie Firdaous, it is not the cheapest but you will get fixed prices and the Oil is genuine (expect to pay around 15 euros for 250ml of cosmetic argan oil). It can be quite hard to find so if you want directions then feel free to send me a message.

Dubai
reviews: 1
3. Re: Argan oil & black soap

whats the address for Herboristerie Firdaous

Thornton Cleveleys...
reviews: 22
4. Re: Argan oil & black soap

I like Assouss Argan on Rue Mouassine and I can vouch for the quality. They also sell pricey black soap but I wouldn't bother paying extra - just buy it in the medina, there's no real difference.

Culinary argan is cheapest in the supermarket

Edited: 11:18 am, September 05, 2012
canterbury
reviews: 70
5. Re: Argan oil & black soap

i will buy mine from assous argan, as its a cooperative - according to previous posts on ta - maybe some of the experts have more information on that.

i always support a worthwhile cause.

regards

Cardiff, United...
reviews: 30
6. Re: Argan oil & black soap

I would say most of the Argan Oil produced in Morocco is made in co-operative factories. If you go to Essaouira, then take the road down to Agadir, you will see lots of co-operative factories along the way.

I have sent you directions to Herboristerie Firdaous.

If you want to have a look at the other items they sell then google "herbo-firdaous" and choose the "Translate this page" option on google. The website is in French but you can google translate it into English. The sell lots of frangrance oils and you always come out of there smelling like a million dollars.

Fixed prices means no haggling to be done and no hard selling salesman in sight.

NZ
reviews: 26
7. Re: Argan oil & black soap

I've brought both back to NZ and the regulations in Aust and NZ are the same. I declare it but it has never been a problem.

My favourite place to buy in Marrakesh is the Herb. Bab Agnaou (by the No 1 gate) They also make a lovely Karite and Rose Hand cream.

North Pole, Alaska
8. Re: Argan oil & black soap

Hi

I don't want to sound like a "dumbo" but I have not heard of this soap and of course I am intrigued!!! So please can someone explain it to me and has it any special qualities.

No shouting please as remember I am new to this forum!!

Best wishes

Breeze

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 62
9. Re: Argan oil & black soap

The black soap is derived from olives. It is extremely soft on the skin and traditionally used in hammams (Moroccan bath houses) during the exfoliation. After a hammam your skin is left feeling very smooth and soft.

Has anyone shouted at you on this forum?

North Pole, Alaska
10. Re: Argan oil & black soap

No Shimmin

But I see a flippen big elephant coming towards me, but he doesn't look fierce he looks like a kinda of friendly guy :-)

Is this soap really special then as it sounds better than the horrid stuff that we use at home?

Can anyone go in a Moroccan bath house please?

Big smiles from

Breeze

Reply to: Argan oil & black soap
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted