We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday during Ramadan?

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
cheshire england
reviews: 6
Holiday during Ramadan?

I have heard it is better to avoid Marrakech during Ramadam. This would be a good time for us to visit. Any thoughts? If we leave it until November will the nights be cold?

Hong Kong, China
reviews: 17
1. Re: Holiday during Ramadan?

I think Ramadan is a lovely time to be in Morocco - its certainly a very different experience than most tourists get. Most cafes and restaurants catering for foreigners and visitors will be open, as will the souks and bazaars. The primary difference is that you have to be a bit mindful of things like walking down the street sipping from a bottle of water. No one would say anything to you, but its just not very respectful.

In the evening, the atmosphere will be festive once everyone has broken the fast. The streets will fill up with people walking and visiting. You may even be invited to break the fast in a family home. I know many tourists in Fes have had this experience (of course, you dont have to fast in order to join a family for dinner).