We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atfalouna

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NW England
reviews: 11
Atfalouna

Hi again

I have just read up about the work of Atfalouna and I would like to bring them a case of kids clothes, shoes and toys when I go to Marrakech in 2 weeks. I have tried to access the website but its in french so I cant fill in the form. Does anyone have any ideas how to contact them? Any recent visitors know if this is the kind of stuff they need. Thanks

79 replies to this topic
somewhere near...
reviews: 38
71. Re: Atfalouna

Thank you. I have now made contact with Touria.

London, United...
reviews: 53
72. Re: Atfalouna

I have a supply of stationery items etc pens, pencils, pads, that I would like to donate (been buying/collecting them up since I booked to return), last visit I gave them to kids in the Atlas Mountains. Would these items be appreciated in Medina/Guilez area of Marrakech, like in a school or something, or Mellah? I believe that I also gave packs of colouring pencils to the kids that were in the synagogue!

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
73. Re: Atfalouna

Schools will always appreciate gifts of this nature (despite an uninformed comment on another thread). Schools have even more limited budgets than British ones (and as an ex-UK teacher I know what I'm talking about!).

Ask the staff in your hotel (I'm right in thinking that you are staying in Guilez again?) where the nearest ecole (school) for enfants is. They may arrange a rendezvous with the appropriate teacher in that school. Thank you for thinking of others again.

74. Re: Atfalouna

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 7:46 am, October 28, 2013

Cambridge, England...
reviews: 11
75. Re: Atfalouna

Hi Caz im ging to see Hakim this week, can we chat on the phone regarding my visit, i have a few questions . Alex 07968755290

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
76. Re: Atfalouna

Who is Caz? Far better to contact an expert by private messaging on this forum. Giving your telephone number on a public forum opens you to all sorts of abuse! Your intensions may be admirable but your technique is highly questionable. Ask your questions on the forum - there are many knowledgeable people here who can help.

reviews: 5
77. Re: Atfalouna

Hello,

Heading to Marrakech in a few weeks and will have an empty case. Any info on their current needs and an email address that works would be very helpful.

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 60
78. Re: Atfalouna

Hi Pacmed04,

They need school type supplies, arts/crafts/educational/fun things clothing and as ever cash donations.

I've sent you a message with reliable contact details. Click on your profile at the top of the page to pick up messages.

Thanks for thinking of this.

United Kingdom
reviews: 1
79. Re: Atfalouna

Hello,

What an absolutely wonderful thread to keep going.

We are making our first trip to Morocco in April, our first trip to any African country and only our second ever outside of Europe, and of course have been very busy and excited making holiday plans. These were - until I read this thread - to travel light on the flight with just cabin luggage. We are now going to include a hold suitcase full of necessities and niceties (toys and not the tooth rotting kind!) to donate when we are in Marrakech. I have just emailed Touria for advice on this.

Many many thanks to you all for keeping this thread going and giving us the opportunity to give something back to the place that we are going to for our pleasure.

Kind regards,

Karen.

Reply to: Atfalouna
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted