We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guide to Mount Toubkal?

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Gdansk, Poland
reviews: 27
Guide to Mount Toubkal?

At the beginning of October we plan a trip with friends from Marrakech to Mount Toubkal. I'm looking for guide and any suggestions related with trekking on MT in October: how long is it, how to wear...

Thank you!

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 60
1. Re: Guide to Mount Toubkal?

Hi,

Once you arrive in the mountains you will find guides recommended by the tourist office. How long is up to you. How long a trek do you want? They will tailor your trek according to your wishes. What to wear also depends on the level and duration of trek you decide on.

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
reviews: 288
2. Re: Guide to Mount Toubkal?

my friends just did it (we are going next trip) and they are in GOOD shape. they said that it was a trek ....to the top. have a great time.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 33
3. Re: Guide to Mount Toubkal?

Lots of guides, mostly good from what I've seen. Typical asking price of 400dh per day for the guide, 150dh for muleteer (with mule) who also tends to be the cook.

Best to spend one night to acclimatise in Imlil, then second night at refuges, then third day tackle Toubkal. October is getting late. Obviously you need the right equipment. Check your guidebook for more information, come back if you have specific questions.

Gdansk, Poland
reviews: 27
4. Re: Guide to Mount Toubkal?

Thank you for helpful answers. I appreciate it.

Openly saying i'd preffer to book guide earlier, before arrival. Could you suggest how to find them? Would be nice tested ones.

5. Re: Guide to Mount Toubkal?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:05 am, July 02, 2012
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
6. Re: Guide to Mount Toubkal?

Stick 'imlil guide trekking' into google.

Also www.imlil.org

Edited: 9:30 am, July 02, 2012
7. Re: Guide to Mount Toubkal?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:35 am, July 04, 2012
sydney
8. Re: Guide to Mount Toubkal?

To Tim Cullis,

I'm looking at joining a tour to summit Mt Toubkal. I'm a solo traveller, and have been quoted 850 EURO for a 5 day trek. A bit steep, if you can get one for 400 + 150 (for mule) per day.

I must be being ripped off.

Many thanks for your post.

Sheena.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
9. Re: Guide to Mount Toubkal?

I guess that quote includes accommodation and meals, nevertheless €850 (over 9000dh) is a small fortune in Morocco, I suggest you forget about the company who's quoted that and find another.

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 2
10. Re: Guide to Mount Toubkal?

Yes 850€ for 5days trek per person is a lot though, send an enquiry to different companies or guides providing the trekking to the mountain of Toubkal then choose your budget.

Regards, Labchir Youness