We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Morocco- Family holiday Mid June to Mid Aug. !

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Stockholm, Sweden
Morocco- Family holiday Mid June to Mid Aug. !

I am a single-father 44yrs old from India, with my three children 12-15yrs. We four, are planning to spend our whole summer vacation in this lovely country. Specially children are very exited.

This is our first time to Morocco.

Our budget is average. We can not afford luxery. We heard so much good about this country and it's people. Can't wait. Specially we like to be in Marrakesh for a month, june, planning to rent an appartment with A/c aircondition, as we heard that it is going to be too hot during the summer period.

Can anyone advice us how to find an affordable appartment for a month in Marrakesh, agents asking 20% commission, which we can not manage. Any direct link to the house or appartent owners ourselves without involving any third party.

And are there orange season in Morocco during this period?

We will really appreciate if anyone can tip or advice us on. We cant arabic or french, can we manage there? We are open for all sugessation and quite flexible in our itenery.

Thank you very much in advance for your honest help.

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
reviews: 6
1. Re: Morocco- Family holiday Mid June to Mid Aug. !

yes marrakech is very hot in Summer. An apartment may be the solution, but it can also be expensive. Average rent for a 2 bedroom furnished apartment with air conditioning is 100 euros a month. You amy find a little bit cheaper but not comfortable enough and probably without A/C. Or you may charged extra money for electricity and water bills

As for not speaking Arabic or French, I'm sure you'll find people around who are ready to help. so language should not be a barrier.

should you need further or specific information please don't hesitate to ask

regards

PS you don't have to spend all the time in Marrakech. You may want to make trips to different places especially the beach

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
2. Re: Morocco- Family holiday Mid June to Mid Aug. !

yes marrakech is very hot in Summer. An apartment may be the solution, but it can also be expensive. Average rent for a 2 bedroom furnished apartment with air conditioning is 100 euros a month. You amy find a little bit cheaper but not comfortable enough and probably without A/C. Or you may charged extra money for electricity and water bills

As for not speaking Arabic or French, I'm sure you'll find people around who are ready to help. so language should not be a barrier.

should you need further or specific information please don't hesitate to ask

regards

PS you don't have to spend all the time in Marrakech. You may want to make trips to different places especially the beach

Stockholm, Sweden
3. Re: Morocco- Family holiday Mid June to Mid Aug. !

Truebeleiver,

Thank you for your quick and quite informative tip. The information I got from you, could not have got even from Lonely Planet. Which we read cover to cover. This is the first time I am testing this site.

We really appreciate that. Very kind of you.

/Mumtaz

Stockholm, Sweden
4. Re: Morocco- Family holiday Mid June to Mid Aug. !

truebeliever!

A doubt !! You mean monthly apt.rentl could be around 100 Eruo. or you mean 1'000 Euro. It sounds too good to be true?

And how about my oranges, are they going to be there in summer season?

Thank you.

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
5. Re: Morocco- Family holiday Mid June to Mid Aug. !

sorry about the confusion. What I meant was 1000 euros a month. As for oranges they're here all year around. Now they grow them in greenhouses

take care

Stockholm, Sweden
6. Re: Morocco- Family holiday Mid June to Mid Aug. !

truebeliever,

I got it.

Thanks a lot.

/Mumtaz

Hong Kong, China
reviews: 17
7. Re: Morocco- Family holiday Mid June to Mid Aug. !

1000 euros per month is very expensive compared to Fes. A decent two bedroom apartment here costs about 300 euros (not 3000!) per month.

If you're looking for somewhere more affordable - but with all the history and culture of Marrakech, you might try Fes.

Try www.houseinfes.com. David rents his beautiful medina house - and offers discounts for long-term stays. You can also try www.fesproperties.com.

Summer is the season for melons and cherries. You can always get oranges, but they are at their best during the winter (tangerine season)).

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
8. Re: Morocco- Family holiday Mid June to Mid Aug. !

is 300 euros per month for furnished or unfurnished 2 bedroom apartment?

thanks

Hong Kong, China
reviews: 17
9. Re: Morocco- Family holiday Mid June to Mid Aug. !

It depends...some apartments come with basics (sofa/ferash, beds, dining table).

Ferash, beds and other furniture can be found at the souk al-ahad for very cheap. I furnished a house (with basics) for about 200 euros.

Stockholm, Sweden
10. Re: Morocco- Family holiday Mid June to Mid Aug. !

Fassia,

Thank you very much for your insight and the address you provided.

I will defenitely try on it.

We are pleased to find so kind people like you and truebeliever on this site.

/Mumtaz