We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how much from marrakech airport to jemaa el fna

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
london
how much from marrakech airport to jemaa el fna

Hello everyone,

Got my riad to book a pickup and they charge me €15 one way (around dirhams 160). He stressed that it includes standing at airport with a sign for us, helping with luggage etc. But isn't €15 quite a lot for 2 persons with only 1 small bag? From the forum, I feel that even the taxi touts outside the airport is charging less, around 100-150?

So my question is: How much for a taxi from outside the airport to jemaa el fna (our riad is literally 2-3 mins walk from the jemaa el fna)

Also, can I take the bus that everyone mentioned on the forum since it stops at jemaa el fna?

Any help on this will be greatly appreciated!

43 replies to this topic
Marrakech
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
31. Re: how much from marrakech airport to jemaa el fna

Officially it should be 100 MAD in a petit taxi but expect to pay 150-200 MAD after negotiating.

north yorkshire
reviews: 90
32. Re: how much from marrakech airport to jemaa el fna

I'm a Yorkshire Lass and don't want to spend unecessary funds but I would always recommend an airport shuttle booked through the Riad. You don't have to haggle when you are tired, you get taken to the nearest vehicle spot to your Riad and then they walk you to the Riad so you dont have to negotiate yet again. To be honest, spend the cash and save time and energy!!!

London, United...
reviews: 12
33. Re: how much from marrakech airport to jemaa el fna

Taxi Airport to Medina

My riad quoted 35 Euros for transfer Airport to Medina (70 Euros return). It seems excessive so I declined and want to find my own transport. I will arrive with two pieces of luggage so I want to take a taxi. What should I expect to pay? Should I take it at the airport or should I walk just outside the barriers and find one there? And are there any reliable shuttle companies that one could book in advance?

Or may be someone has the number of a good taxi driver that I could call?

Thank you.

Cardiff, United...
reviews: 27
34. Re: how much from marrakech airport to jemaa el fna

Santillanlgn, which riad are you staying at?

That will enable one of the experts to advise you if the airport bus or taxi is suitable. If your riad is in the middle of the medina then you will have no chance of finding it without help.

35 euros each way is a rip-off, 15-20 Euros each way is about right. You might get away with paying a taxi 10 Euros from outside the terminal (although they will probably ask for 30 euros to start off with).

If you find a taxi away from the airport terminal (it can be difficult at times), and if they put their meter on, it will cost you around 3 Euros.

Pre-booking a driver is the best solution, i will email you the details of the driver I use, he maybe able to help you.

London, United...
reviews: 12
35. Re: how much from marrakech airport to jemaa el fna

Thank you for your message. I am staying at Noir d'Ivoire. They do not have their own transport and book a third party, hence the very high cost. Since I have been there before a couple of times, I just need to be dropped at the Bab Doukkala mosque and before arrival I call the riad who will send one of their staff to pick me up "by the palm tree". I know the way, but will have two pieces of luggage so need help to carry them.

35 Euros each way seems so above the odds that I prefer to get my own transport. I would be happy paying 200 Dirhams each way. I have always been picked up by the riad but now prices have gone through the roof.

Should I haggle outside the airport or should I leave the airport area, beyond the barriers and try to get a cab there?

Thank you so much.

Marrakech
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
36. Re: how much from marrakech airport to jemaa el fna

Haggle with the taxi drivers at the airport. The official price is 70MAD for a petit taxi - although they will probably ask for more.

Durham
reviews: 9
37. Re: how much from marrakech airport to jemaa el fna

Hi all

Are these prices still relevant?

I take on board the comments from Shimmin etc, but we have not yet arranged any transfer and should we decide upon a taxi, what is the realistic price range to Djemaa El Fna?

For that matter, how much is Bus no 19?

All info gratefully appreciated.

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
reviews: 55
38. Re: how much from marrakech airport to jemaa el fna

Riad Noir d'Ivoire is notoriously expensive. The riads that I have contact with charge between 100 and 150 dirhams for airport transfers.

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 53
39. Re: how much from marrakech airport to jemaa el fna

Hi,

The bus is 30 dirhams single or 50 dirhams for a return ticket. return

Portsmouth, United...
reviews: 7
40. Re: how much from marrakech airport to jemaa el fna

the Riad we're going to is charging 20 Euros, and as there are 5 of us, i'm happy ....15 sounds good value. i've been to Marrakech before, and the easist, stress free option is to take the Riad offer

Reply to: how much from marrakech airport to jemaa el fna
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted