We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marrakech in August

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Berlin, Germany
Marrakech in August

Hi. We are planning a trip for my mother, who desperately wants to go to Marrakech. We can only go in August. How miserable IS the weather then? Is it possible to go out in the morning and afternoon if we stay in at mid-day? Thanks!

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
reviews: 7
1. Re: Marrakech in August

It'll be terribly hot in August.So you need to stay at some place with A/C. You can make half a day journey to Oureka valley which is just one hour and a half drive from Marrakech and is fresh in summer. The other option is to go the beach either in Essaouira or Eljadida

Hope the information is useful

regards

2. Re: Marrakech in August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:30 pm, April 01, 2006
Athens, Greece
reviews: 19
3. Re: Marrakech in August

Hello, Mokka!

I stayed in Marrakech mid June for couple of days, and loved every moment, although the thermometer climbed upto 40Celsius (am near 60 years). Ofcourse the hotel was airconditioned to provide good rest. Drinking plenty of water is of help. If you leave your hotel early morning, you will get tired of walking etc in souks all day long, therefore need a place to rest and eat.

Am sure your mother will enjoy herself !

Morocco

evesham
reviews: 5
4. Re: Marrakech in August

hi just returned form Marrakech !! It was about 34 every day believe me that is hot for walking around Marrekech ! there is no breeze so I think you will find it hot, but it is great in the evening !