We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fantasia Riad / Hotel Fantasia

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
Fantasia Riad / Hotel Fantasia

I'm going to Morocco for the last two weeks on April, and will be taking an organized tour. However, I will be spending an extra night in marrakech after the tour is over. I need to book a room for that night and am unsure whether to simply use the same riad used by the tour, or to book somewhere else.

Trip notes indicate that the tour uses Fantasia Riad in Ryad Mokha Ph 212 44 42 65 45

I've looked online but can find very little information about this place. Google showed a woman's travel blog -- she suspected bedbugs. But I don't know if she's referring to the same place. Another google search showed someone's photo of a room at the "Hotel Fantasia" - it looked great.

Has anyone heard of it/seen it?

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
reviews: 6
1. Re: Fantasia Riad / Hotel Fantasia

the riad is well located within walking distance from Jema Elfna square. However, the fact that there's little advertising for it indicates basic accommodation more in line with hostel standards.

regards

Toronto
2. Re: Fantasia Riad / Hotel Fantasia

Thanks truebeliever. As it turned out, the tour has switched hotels. They will be using Hotel de la menara which, I believe, is in the Gueliz area. I'm arranging with the tour to book another night there - just to keep things simple. I'm sure I'm overpaying the tour company for that - but again, it's just simpler this wy.

Thanks for your input!

Lynn

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
reviews: 6
3. Re: Fantasia Riad / Hotel Fantasia

I think You've made the right choice. Menara Hotel is in the new town but within walking distance from Jema Elfna. the rooms have A/C and there's a pool which is useful to have when it gets hot. Now it's hot enough for a dip

regards