We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ramadan?

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
reviews: 7
Ramadan?

Hi

I'm going to Marrakech at beginning of October. I've heard that this might be Ramadan then. Does this mean things won't be open. Would appreciate some feedback on what to expect.

Vientiane, Laos
reviews: 20
1. Re: Ramadan?

Most shops and cafes catering to tourists will be open as usual during Ramadan. You'll also find that at sunset, the streets will become very lively as people break the fast and then return to work / shop / visit friends etc.

Hotels and riads will be serving food as usual. The one tip I usually give is to not walk about openly drinking water, smoking (if you do), or eating publicly (like snacking on raisins or what have you while walking about). Sitting in a cafe that is open and serving is not a problem. Moroccans dont expect non-Muslims to observe the fast that is mandated by Islam... but it is good to be mindful that it is Ramadan and respect that the Moroccans are fasting.

Miami Beach, Florida
2. Re: Ramadan?

in ramadan , there are shops that closed , however , in marrakesh shops are open and even too late at night.