We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3G sim card in Morocco

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
86 posts
7 reviews
3G sim card in Morocco

Hi

I have read lots of posts telling about sim cards .

Can you buy a 3G sim card for data/internet use on an unlocked iPhone ?

Do they have pay-as-you-go or SIM only 3G plans like in UK ?

How much it costs if someone used it recently ?

Thanks

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
172 posts
1 review
1. Re: 3G sim card in Morocco

Hello,

the 3 main providers in morocco; maroc telecom, meditel and inwi - have special pay as you go 3G tariffs. You can get a 3G sim for cheap and top up and use. You can buy one as soon as you land at the airport - as you come out of the passport checks all the phones shops are to the right next to money exchange and car hire booths.

If you have existing iphone on uk tarrif - you can use your phones wifi to get free wifi from most cafes, bars and other places - its widely available.

Best : )

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
126 posts
9 reviews
2. Re: 3G sim card in Morocco

In additional to what Marrakechloisir has said, try to find out if you can but whether Inwi or Maroc Telecome are the good ones in use, as i have a Maroc Telecome one, about 3 years now, and it works wherever i go in Morocco with no Problems i have bought it for 300DH with the card, and it was working for 2 months for free.

Edited: 3:37 pm, December 21, 2011
3. Re: 3G sim card in Morocco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 1:18 am, February 09, 2012
casa
Level Contributor
114 posts
83 reviews
4. Re: 3G sim card in Morocco

You have to cut the sim card for Maroc Telcom to use with an iPhone, inwi has iphone sized sim cards. Either is perfectly good though. People I know have had difficulty with meditel and iphones, but I'm sure others have different stories.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
28 posts
5. Re: 3G sim card in Morocco

do these 3G sim cards also have international calling (to US)?

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
945 posts
36 reviews
6. Re: 3G sim card in Morocco

Go for the INWI card, ask for the TIC TAC PAYG sim, it was around £10 and gives you credit and one weeks free internet access. If you cant find the SIM in the airport, there are plenty of INWI booths in Gueliz.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
28 posts
7. Re: 3G sim card in Morocco

thanks MIB! That seems like such an amazing deal.

3 posts
8. Re: 3G sim card in Morocco

Hi,

I am now in Casablanca, Morocco, and had bought a INWI Tic Tac prepaid sim card. I noticed that only EDGE is available, not 3G. is this normal?

Thanks

Edited: 6:29 am, October 14, 2012
3 posts
9. Re: 3G sim card in Morocco

Hi,

I am now in Casablanca, Morocco, and had bought a INWI Tic Tac prepaid sim card. I noticed that only EDGE is available, not 3G. is this normal?

Thanks

Edited: 6:29 am, October 14, 2012
Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
10. Re: 3G sim card in Morocco

Did you success to have 3G with INWI ?