We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just booked Easyjet to Marrakech

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 109
Just booked Easyjet to Marrakech

60 quid return , can't beat that, now silly question , how does one get from the airport to the Sofitel hotel ?? cab ???? , any tips ??

1. Re: Just booked Easyjet to Marrakech

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:56 am, March 14, 2006
reviews: 13
2. Re: Just booked Easyjet to Marrakech

what dates are you ravelling - i lookedat easyjet flights and couldnt get anything cheaper than 120 quid return thanks

Derby
reviews: 3
3. Re: Just booked Easyjet to Marrakech

We've just returned from the Sofitel in Marrakech. The only way to get from the airport is by taxi. There are two types, the mercedes, large ones and the small ones (they're all kind of beige coloured) - and the small ones are cheaper. You will need to get some local currency (Dirham) when you arrive at the airport, but from what we read the rate is the same everywhere, as set by the Morrocan bank. It's pretty simple. Then go outside and get a taxi - there will be plenty and they're right outside the door. It then depends on how good you are at haggling. We agreed a rate of 100 diram for the journey in a large taxi. That was about £6.60. We think now that it was quite a high rate, as the journey was only about 10 minutes to the hotel. So, if you can get less than that the real rate would probably be more like 60 dirham. Don't pay more than 100. They won't walk away, you just need to stick to your guns. The chances are that if you agreed 100 they would be very pleased.

The hotel is great. Watch out for people selling you things when you're in the Medina (old city) - you will be led places that you weren't intending to go, so best to be quite firm if you don't want something. I'm sure they're used to it.

Gloucestershire
reviews: 16
4. Re: Just booked Easyjet to Marrakech

Yes I would like to know who you booked with please, but cant help you with your question.

5. Re: Just booked Easyjet to Marrakech

Booked direct with Easyjet, flights released yesterday , going Mid July , they also released Istanbul at similar prices

England
reviews: 1
6. Re: Just booked Easyjet to Marrakech

I am planning on going to Marrakech very soon too...my findings are that the best way to travel from the airport to the city is via taxi. This will cost you about 100 Dh (£6 - £7).

out of interest which dates are you looking at flying? and is it from Gatwick?

7. Re: Just booked Easyjet to Marrakech

July and they only fly from Gatwick

UK
8. Re: Just booked Easyjet to Marrakech

Hi Nick, just returned from Marrakech and had two wonderful meals in the Sofitel. Pricey but great food and even better service.

Take a cab from the airport - try to agree a price in advance as they won't use the meter - it's only about 10 minutes to the centre / your hotel. Best, Eamon.

suffolk, england
reviews: 1
9. Re: Just booked Easyjet to Marrakech

I think 100 dh for a taxi from the airport to the town sounds very expensive if it really is only 10 minutes. I've booked a Riad about an hour south of Marrakech and the Landlord has said it will only cost 200 dh and that we shouldn't pay any more than this - that's for a one hour journey!

UK
10. Re: Just booked Easyjet to Marrakech

Yes, airport taxis are much more expensive than those found inside the town. Difficult if not impossible to get around this price hike for airport taxis. You'll pay about 20d for an equivalent distance in a petis taxi in town (although they'll often try to ask for more). Airport taxis reflect the market value, as well as charges for cars to get out of airport. But please let us know if you find a way to beat the market prices equivalent to town. I'll be surprised but happy to hear if you do...