We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how much spending money for 6 days?

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
how much spending money for 6 days?

Hi Everyone,

Firstly, thanks so much to everyone posting answers on the forums - you have given me some great information/ideas.

My question is - im going with my husband for 7 days to Marrakech over the New-Year period.... how much spending money will we need? Is around 1100 us dollars (approx 700 quid) enough? I dont mean hotel/flights/shopping but stuff like Food/Alcohol/Travel/Activities/New-Years Eve going out etc. I am trying to plan a budget but finding it confusing.

We do want to do a one day trip to Essaouira for quad biking and maybe a day trip to the Atlas mountains and the rest of the time exploring Marrakech. Is all this possible within the above budget or are things expensive in Marrakech especially around the high season time?

Thanks so much guys, much appreciated.

Bath
11. Re: how much spending money for 6 days?

As a traveler rather than a boring tourist who wants home luxury instead of culture I spent a month out there on 800 quid This was on accommodation budget to mid, traveling the entire country north to south on coaches that averaged 200 mile journeys for 50dh thats around 4 quid and eating out and snacking all day everyday . I am convinced from what i am reading that others on here may of had a fair few Moroccan folk laughing allowing the continuation of the ripping of the Naive in future . The money you have available in case of eventualities is always a good thing but believe me, you'll be ok on much less for a week :) Good luck haggle haggle haggle . its fun!

12. Re: how much spending money for 6 days?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 5:47 pm, December 30, 2012
Cardiff, United...
reviews: 30
13. Re: how much spending money for 6 days?

As far as I am aware, the only Mosque non-muslims can visit IN Morocco are Tin Mal Mosque which is a couple of hours drive away from Marrakech or Hassan II Mosque in Casablanca (nice Mosque but a long way away from Marrakech).

You can visit the gardens around the Koutoubia Mosque in Marrakech, a unique Mosque (I think the interior design is based on Tin Mal Mosque).

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
14. Re: how much spending money for 6 days?

MIB15 is correct - only Muslims can enter mosques in Marrakech. You can of course jean-s view the exteriors and for that you would not need a guide.

North Yorkshire...
reviews: 232
15. Re: how much spending money for 6 days?

Oh ok. I was just going on what I read in the TA traveller articles on architecture in Marrakesh, I am happy to see the outside.

"Marrakech is a city where you can find both millennium-old buildings as well as modern high-rises. The médina, or old town, is home to many beautiful mosques. The Koutobia, the premier mosque of the city, stands at over 250 feet (77m) and serves as a symbol Marrakech. Other beautiful examples of religious architecture can be found in the Casbah, Ben Youssef, Bab Doukklala and Mouassine mosques, as well as the several synagogues in the city, such as Beth-El, Salat el Azama, and Salat Rbai Pinhasse. The Ben Youssef mosque, in particular, is worth a visit. Its architecture shows distinct influences from Moorish Spain with fine decorations of stucco and cedarwood."

Cardiff, United...
reviews: 30
16. Re: how much spending money for 6 days?

You can go into the Ben Youssef Medrassa, an old Islamic school and well worth a visit. You have to pay a fee but I think you can get a combination ticket that lets you into the museum of Marrakech and another site (they are all close to each other).

Ben Youssef Medrassa can be a bit difficult to find and there are a lot of touts/fake guides operating around the area, my advice would be if you get lost or need to ask directions, then ask one of the shopkeepers, they will be glad to help you and will not "attach" themselves onto you..........then ask for money when you get to your destination. It is a 10 minute walk away from Jemma el Fna square.

Bath
17. Re: how much spending money for 6 days?

I think if you did your homework you will find that my post was helpful and informative. and whats "1 post" got to do with truth? dodgy nee?? well then in that case its obvious you would not be in the boring category, mocking or not i was giving good advice . some of the advice on here was way off the mark and close to that of two weeks in New York. If they paid and spent that much then .......................???? I am confused

Mid range accommodation in morocco can be very cheap and comfortable with all you would expect from high priced hotels in the UK. Like i said , travel is so cheap , food is cheap , and therefore she would of easily had enough money unless buying a massive carpet, a couple of Moroccan kids and a small island off the coast of Gibraltar, which i doubt will fit in the hand luggage anyway. But haggling for everything is a good and respected way to get it even cheaper. but most seem to let them selves get ripped off. I have had other Moroccans come to my aid and say i am getting ripped.

18. Re: how much spending money for 6 days?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, January 07, 2014