We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

easter holiday

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Letchworth G.C...
reviews: 4
easter holiday

Hi,

1)

I am going to Marrakech for 5 nights with another female friend and I am unable to understand whether women travelling on their own are going to be harassed (I heard of frequent bum pinching etc) or not. Some people say it is perfectly safe and women don't get hassled and others say prepare yourself! Can I have some advice from women who have been there with other girlfriends?

2)

Also given the time to be spent there what are the MUST DO/SEE in Marrakech? Could you give me your top 5 suggestions on this one? Answers from anyone please (not just women)

Any help greatly appreciated.

Rita

1. Re: easter holiday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:56 am, March 14, 2006
UK
reviews: 2
2. Re: easter holiday

Hi there, I'm a single traveller looking to go to Marrakech the week before Easter, so would be interested to know where you're staying as I'm a bit undecided.

thanks.

Surrey England
reviews: 22
3. Re: easter holiday

You should be ok. I went last Oct (with my Partner) but there were a couple of middle aged ladies (well I'm 42 and they were older than me) staying in our Riad who were quite happy walking around the Medina etc. I felt safe (much safer than Tunisia) I would have been happy to walk around the Medina on my own in the day. Pretty much all of the men were very polite and pleasant - Just don't wear tops that are too low cut or you will be leered at repeatedly. I can't claim to have had my bum pinched but... I was in a store in the medina and the shopkeeper was showing me something to buy - he stood very close and then had a good poke at my bosom!

Letchworth G.C...
4. Re: easter holiday

HI,

thanks for your reply. It was very useful as I've also been to Tunisia so I can relate what you are saying.

Best wishes, Yannicka

Letchworth G.C...
5. Re: easter holiday

We are going to stay in the Riad Amsaffah. good luck with your trip