We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone heard of Medina Loft?

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
london
reviews: 3
Anyone heard of Medina Loft?

Hi guys,

I'm planning a short trip to Marrakech In November for 4 nights. The last 3 nights I want to book a raid named Medina Loft. I've only found 1 review of this raid and the website www.medinaloft.com is not available for some reason.

I have got in touch with the owner and although he has replied to my emails and answered most of my questions, he seems to avoid answering what the payment procedure is and details about how secure the raid is. 

Now, I don't know if I'm over thinking this but I'm a bit worried. I'm planning to book this trip for my boyfriends birthday so I really want it to go smoothly! The last thing I want is to pay 50% of the price then get to Marrakech and there's no medina loft!

Has anyone heard about or stayed at medina loft? it's owned by a man named Gareth Turpin.

Any info would be great.

Thanks

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
1. Re: Anyone heard of Medina Loft?

There is a property called the Loft in the Medina which is situated a good twenty (not five as claimed) minutes from Djemma al Fna. Very busy area during the day (Saadian tombs being in the neighbourhood) and, a personal opinion here, I do not like the area at night. Ths one is French owned so perhaps there is another "Medina Loft"? Apologies for not being positive.

Kathmandu, Nepal
reviews: 36
2. Re: Anyone heard of Medina Loft?

Why not choose another place where you can get more details, feedback and the information you want? There are certainly plenty to choose from in Marrakesh.

paris
reviews: 6
3. Re: Anyone heard of Medina Loft?

Hi

Yes I know Gareth Turpin and Medina Loft, you can relax there will be no problem, the place exists. It is newly opened which is why you cannot find much info on it

London, United...
4. Re: Anyone heard of Medina Loft?

Maybe the lack of information on this riad indicates that they do not have the proper authority to operate. This could be a big problem if anything goes wrong!

london
reviews: 3
5. Re: Anyone heard of Medina Loft?

Hi all,

The reason why I wanted to stay there was because  the pictures of the riad just look amazing! I thought it would be perfect for us. I've emailed the guy again so I'm waiting for a reply now. I haven't booked anything yet and I have now thought of a plan B so I'm not stressing about it so much now!!

Davidbeynac, have you stayed at the medina loft? If so how was it? How far is it from the main square? What was your experience like? And I'm guessing it's along one of those narrow alleyways that I feel really nervous about?!!!

Marrakech
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
6. Re: Anyone heard of Medina Loft?

I haven't stayed or been to the specific riad that you mention, but in general the alleyways are fine once you know the route to the riad. Whichever riad you choose I would suggest that you arrange your airport transfers with the riad directly. This will ensure that you are taken all the way to the riad, whereas a normal taxi will leave you at the road. Once you have walked the alleyway to the riad a time or two in daylight, the walk should become more straight-forward and therefore you will feel less nervous.

Thornton Cleveleys...
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
reviews: 22
7. Re: Anyone heard of Medina Loft?

Just wondering where you saw the pictures? Is it listed on a rentals site somewhere?

London
reviews: 25
8. Re: Anyone heard of Medina Loft?

Hi.

Stayed there on nov 10-13. Was really nice. Just as the pictures show. Very stylish, lovely roof terrace, plunge pool, hammam, breakfast cooked by Fatima, who is lovely (but best if you can speak some French with her). We were checked in by Jean as the owner was in the UK. He was really nice, gave helpful info etc. It is hidden away and definitely best to get transfer organised to take you there, as without signposts the alleys can be a maze. I would definitely recommend it and stay again.

9. Re: Anyone heard of Medina Loft?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:35 am, November 22, 2011
London, United...
10. Re: Anyone heard of Medina Loft?

Hi, stayed at medina loft between 22 Sept -28 sept 2011.

The stay was excellent, a hidden gem away from the hustle and bustle but so close to jem el fena. At first we were really scared when we arrived due to a culture shock, but as time went by we realised it is in a very safe location with lovely neighbours. The apartment is literally near the kings palace, so many guard patrols and no need to worry about safety or theft.

We were settled in by jean who was very informative and answered his phone when we were staying there if we had any queries (he was never too far away)

only wish was the plunge pool could have been heated as it was really cold that we could not use it

overall an excellent place to stay, fatima the maid is also very lovely and makes a lovely breakfast.