We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

changing money

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
london
reviews: 7
changing money

hello ... where is the best place to change punds into Dirhams ..thanks

1. Re: changing money

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:55 am, March 14, 2006
2. Re: changing money

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:56 am, March 14, 2006
Vientiane, Laos
reviews: 20
3. Re: changing money

You cannot purchase durhams outside of Morocco. Banks offer decent exchange rates, but you may also use your UK bank card - cash machines are widely available in most cities.

UK
reviews: 19
4. Re: changing money

Dear Fassia, Could you tell me are euros widely accepted? If my riad has quoted prices in euros will they expect payment in euros?

Vientiane, Laos
5. Re: changing money

Not necessarily. Many Riads quote in Euros to give people a better idea of what the price is. They might happily accept Euros (or dollars) but it's worth asking first.

England
reviews: 1
6. Re: changing money

Fassia

If I were to use my card in a cash machine, would it charge me a commision, like the money exchangers would normally do?

Vientiane, Laos
7. Re: changing money

Using your card in a cash machine here is just like using it in the UK. Depending on your bank, there may be approx. a £1 fee for the withdrawal (but, for example my UK bank does not charge me for withdrawals here in Morocco). Your bank will then calculate the exchange rate and exchange the amount of dirhams you've withdrawn into pounds. No commission - unless your bank charges the withdrawal fee (which is always less than bank commission).

England
reviews: 1
8. Re: changing money

I rang my bank and they said they charge 2.7% for a withdrawal of any amount (maximum they would take is £4.50....dont know if £4.50 is reasonable is taking out about £300.

But thanks for your reply!

(which bank are u with - mine was barclays)