We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swimming Pools In Marrakech

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
53 reviews
Swimming Pools In Marrakech

Hello my freind and I are travelling to Marrakech on 16th August ...to 20th so expect that it will be very hot can anyone recommend good swimming pools I know that there are some dotted around, What is best way to get there how much does it cost etc...

Our riad has small dip pool but we may want to have a day at larger pool.

And what is the best trip company .... for Atlas Mountains or south to beach area

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
53 reviews
11. Re: Swimming Pools In Marrakech

Can I thank you all for your posts I did not envisage it would create such debate but all very helpful due to your honesty and experiences. "Divacape" is right we want to go to cool down in the searing heat so a close destination would be good. Lots of suggestions though and my friend and I greatly appreciate having this forum to get all your opinions. Counting the days to our adventure !!! We will put some posts of our experiences upon our return.

Thanks Cher

Solihull, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
12. Re: Swimming Pools In Marrakech

Dear Oliver

Thank you for all the advice you have posted, Its very helpful for planning our trip!

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
1,976 posts
63 reviews
13. Re: Swimming Pools In Marrakech

Thanks a lot Dear Allie000 !

i have to say I’m very sensible to compliments. ah ha!

.. which at least really please all here.. or there. who try to give some few tips with their own experiences to others!.

So..the ones happy are more than welcome like Allie and other friends to sometimes may be say some little nice words which as said do please the ones ..who have the pleasure to be complimented.!

Have a great stay and looking forward to hear your trip report on TA when you're back!

Sincerely yours ,Oliver.

3 posts
1 review
14. Re: Swimming Pools In Marrakech

I know this is an old post but in case anyone comes across this by googling (we did), just wanted to add our findings. We ended up visiting the Sofitel and used their pool for the day (just outside the Medina walls to the west) when we visited last week. It costs 250dh for the day, there's a fresh water and heated outdoor pool. It's a nice tropical setting with comfy big outdoor 'beds'. They serve food and drinks outside (including alcohol) - it's not cheap though so if you're on a budget bring you're own (130dh for a pizza, 90dh for a glass of wine). You'll need your passport to get in too.

Definitely recommend it if you're needing a respite and it's a hot day.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
15. Re: Swimming Pools In Marrakech

I also apologise for bringing up an old thread but I searched for pools before I went away and found this. Jardins de la Koutobia no longer allow non residents to use the pool (I went there last week!). You can still go to Sofitel at 250 dirhams or Novotel for the same. La Mamounia were asking 500 dirhams (per person) and have a dress code so no shorts, flip flops etc. We went to the Kenzi Farah in the end

which was 200 dirhams per person. We had a very relaxing day although the pool was freeeeeeeezing!

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
16. Re: Swimming Pools In Marrakech

I read this before going to Marrakech this month (June 2013), we were staying in a Riad but also fancied a few days by the pool. We found the Kenzi Farah hotel was the best, we paid 300dh (about £23) each per day to use the pool. This is a 5* hotel, and the price included a lovely buffet lunch, it also included the use of a towel so no need to take one with you. If you want a sunbed you would need to be there for 9.30am really. All of the taxis we got knew exactly where this hotel was, and we didnt pay more than 20dh (£1.50) for a taxi from the old town to here.

Hope this helps

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
17. Re: Swimming Pools In Marrakech

Just in case anyone finds this and is looking for more up-to-date information, the Sofitel now charge 400-600 dirham a day for access to their pool. The higher charge includes a buffet lunch. We didn't have any luck finding anywhere else more affordable so decided not to bother!

18. Re: Swimming Pools In Marrakech

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:27 am, March 14, 2015