We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swimming Pools In Marrakech

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 46
Swimming Pools In Marrakech

Hello my freind and I are travelling to Marrakech on 16th August ...to 20th so expect that it will be very hot can anyone recommend good swimming pools I know that there are some dotted around, What is best way to get there how much does it cost etc...

Our riad has small dip pool but we may want to have a day at larger pool.

And what is the best trip company .... for Atlas Mountains or south to beach area

Thanks

17 replies to this topic
marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 62
1. Re: Swimming Pools In Marrakech

Hi,

Nikki Beach, Oasiria, Plage Rouge, Beldi Country Club, there are lots of places with pools surrounding Marrakech. Taxi is best and you're probably looking at 100 Dirhams each way.

The Riad will organise day trips for you using their own trusted drivers.

York, United Kingdom
reviews: 3
2. Re: Swimming Pools In Marrakech

Try Club Med in the Medina for something a little closer. It's a bit pricy for a day entry, but it looks really beautiful and is a stones throw from the main square.

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 61
3. Re: Swimming Pools In Marrakech

Hi Kate

Sorry. but i would rather go to "jardins de la koutoubia" which charge 200 dh and..is in the same (great!) location than Club Med and you will avoid..to have too many people in and ..around the swimming pool..and will not have to suffer from..the horses smell and dejections just..few meters from the Club Med..And which when you're not lucky with the wind sense .smell terribly..and not so cool (at all!!).

A part of it ,Club Med is a good place to have a glass of wine & co with a great view on Jemma el Fna and one of the real unique spot where it is possible a part of the “Marrakchi” & the restaurant near the police headquater,”la boheme”(not pretty sure if this name is steel the same after Jean Lefevres ,the last owner of the place died..)" if I’m not wrong..

Have a great time and enjoy all the best swimming pools when it is getting hot

Cher65!

Cheers ,Oliver.

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 46
4. Re: Swimming Pools In Marrakech

Thanks for the speedy replies from you all, we will check them out

Cheers Cheryle

Rome, Italy
reviews: 11
5. Re: Swimming Pools In Marrakech

I don't agree with Oliver. "Jardine de la Koutoubia"' for me is not nice because it has walls and I can not stay all the day in the sun. I suggest you a very nice and not to turistic place outside Marrakech. It's name is MANZIL LA TORTUE. You will pay 250 dhs with lunch or dinner. You eat great. It's close at the American school. If you call them, they will pick you up.

Cheers

Marrakech, Morocco
6. Re: Swimming Pools In Marrakech

HI there!

Life is great as ...diversity of tastes..&points of views..and appreciations dear Juve!

Even if you don't like walls(which seems reasonable for an hotel.).and don't like the place..i say again my dear friend..that first the location is great and second..a huge swimming pool in the very center of the medina with having the possibility even when not hotel resident to have a break & lovely lunch..is r as far as I’m concerned ..a good suggestion..and honest one dear Juve.

As..for sure all tastes are in the nature..your comment is absolutely interesting and i'm always happy to read other advices and confronted to other points of views than mine which makes the diversity and the interest of an open mind forum as the TA's one.

A part of it..never hear about your suggestion which can be very nice..and for my own ,do suggest for outside houses with swimming pool ,the Beldi country club which is lovely in a rosaries area and where you can get lunch &entrance for 350 dh/person.

hope it will help!

Have a great stay and enjoy one. or the other numerous possibility to swim here..or there!

Cheers , Oliver.

7. Re: Swimming Pools In Marrakech

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:05 pm, July 08, 2011

Marrakech, Morocco
8. Re: Swimming Pools In Marrakech

Hi Waiting4g0d0t !

Your friends. or you.. may comment her and all free to give "honest suggestions"

Even if I "work in tourism "or other TA regulars members and contributors work in this industry.

…we may give sincere and useful suggestions too my friend..

…and i don't consider that the fact to be involved in a way or another in the travel industry..would mean our advice couldn’t be helpful and ..free of compromises. If you see what i mean.

For my own..i noticed since longs that you may find professionals who can be knowledgeable and not involved in a way or another with giving recommendations.

...and sincere and useful ones specially for the ones knowing first the attends of tourists or travelers

…with working in the travel industry in a way or another, we're facing tastes & demands and may be able to understand(or supposed to.!) well what a guest or tourist is expecting to be happy better than the ones..

.. who are only on a side of the reality..and second of all

USEFUL AND CONCRETE ADVICES AND RECOMMENDATIONS .from the ones LIVING IN THE PLACE.. mean PERMANENTLY..

Sorry for this parentheses’ but thought it was useful to remember that TA as far as again you're honest and not involved in a way or another in the recommendations you give..

.. is totally open to the ones working in the travel & co..

Have a great day!

Cheers , Oliver.

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
reviews: 8
9. Re: Swimming Pools In Marrakech

If staying in the medina then it amkes sense to choose a pool nearby to avoid the extra cost of transportation which is often more than what you'll pay for the pool.Some hotels in Guelis such as Agdal or Boustane charge 100 dh

Others offer a package - pool and lunch for 300 to 350 dh

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
reviews: 87
10. Re: Swimming Pools In Marrakech

@Waiting4g0d0t - why did you make such a strange comment - that you dont work in tourism. The OP asked for a recommendation of good swimming pools dotted around. Why dont you just ask your friends who do work in tourism what they reommend and this way you can tell the OP the recommendations and more people wanting to know where to go to swim will find a variety of honest answers. And some of the kind folk on this forum who do work in tourism are normally either upfront with it OR they recommend lots of other places besides their own. They dont try and push their own Riad's. Personally I agree with "truebeliever" that if you are staying in the medina it makes sense to choose a pool nearby. Afterall youre going to the pool just to cool off. You dont want to have to travel for miles just to sit at a pool. Then you may as well stay at home and not travel abroad.

Reply to: Swimming Pools In Marrakech
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted