We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Famous Hassan II mosque casablanca

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Famous Hassan II mosque casablanca

Hi guys,

can someone advise me how to get to the hassan II mosque in casablanca.

Can you tell me the quickest way via car? Train/Bus? And a taxi and how much via taxi, train/bus.

Go from Marrakech and return on same day or next day marrakech.

Thanks in advance and sorry if I dont respond back to your replies.

Thansk all for the input

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 1
1. Re: Famous Hassan II mosque casablanca

You can certainly take a train from Marrakech station to Casablanca and then get a taxi from the casa station to the mosque.

Not sure of the pricing and times though.

Maybe someone can help out here with the taxi and car info : )

Best : )

East Gwillimbury...
reviews: 74
2. Re: Famous Hassan II mosque casablanca

Hi,

Go to www.oncf.ma for train schedules and pricing.

A taxi from Casa Voyageurs (train station) to the mosque should cost 40-50dh and should take about 20 minutes depending on traffic, of course.

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
reviews: 8
3. Re: Famous Hassan II mosque casablanca

I'd second spmm. train and small taxi is the cheapest option.If you hire a private driver expect to pay around 1000 dh

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 1
4. Re: Famous Hassan II mosque casablanca

Out of curiosity guys, what is the easiest way via car? Any sign posts casa city etc?

Best : )

Richmond, VA
reviews: 5
5. Re: Famous Hassan II mosque casablanca

You can also take a train to Casa Port station although they don't run as often.

Follow everyone leaving the station and you will come to a road, turn right, in runs down alongside the port. If you follow this road on foot about 25-30 minutes (depends on how fast you walk) you will get to Hassan II. As you get close to it you will see big signs on the road, can't miss them.

Fes
6. Re: Famous Hassan II mosque casablanca

A taxi from Casa Voyagers to the Hassan II mosque should cost no more than 25 dhm with the meter, a similar journey cost me 20 dhm recently. It is best to walk a little away from the station and then flag a taxi in the street, as there are a few taxi hustlers who hang around the station.

Also as 'zafiradaima' above says, Casa Port station is indeed much closer but I don't think that there are any direct trains from Marrakech to that station.

If your only reason for visiting Casa is to see the mosque then, IMHO, don't bother.

Richmond, VA
reviews: 5
7. Re: Famous Hassan II mosque casablanca

Like 'SIbrahim' above mentioned, if you're just going to see the mosque I wouldn't make a special trip to Casa. And as I mentioned in another post, I wasn't allowed inside although I was covered ankle to wrist including a headscarf. They say non-Muslims can enter but that was not the case.

To get to Casa Port station you have to change trains at Casa Voyageurs.

8. Re: Famous Hassan II mosque casablanca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 am, October 02, 2012