We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marrakeech

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
Marrakeech

Hello I went to Agadir at the end of last year and was shocked at how

much baby clothes pushchairs ect were.. I am due to travel to Marrakesh soon and was going to bring out a couple of pushchairs and childrens clothes . Please can anyone let me know contact details for an orphanage . Thanks

33 replies to this topic
marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 60
1. Re: Marrakeech

Hi,

Google atfalouna and you'll find one in Marrakech. Anytime I post the webpage address here it gets closed off for some reason. And thanks for being so thoughtful.

Rome, Italy
reviews: 11
2. Re: Marrakeech

Shimm, send her the address by private mail.

somewhere near...
reviews: 40
3. Re: Marrakeech

Thanks Louise for alerting us to this topic.

I have looked up the organisation mentioned and it looks really worthwhile. I have just emailed them to see if there are any specific small items they could use that I could donate when I go next in July.

Thanks again.

Niki.

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
4. Re: Marrakeech

Hi,

If you are interested in helping the less fortunate people in Morocco type "charity" into the search box and you'll find lots of previously posted suggestions. Thanks for being thoughtful travellers.

Marrakech
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
5. Re: Marrakeech

Niki - if you look at the atfalouna website you will see that they provide the details for making a cash donation. I'm just thinking that rather than you buying and possibly transporting small items it may be easier for you to make a monetary donation of the equivalent amount, either by bank transfer or by going to the local bank. When I looked at their website they mentioned that just 1200 MAD is enough money to house and educate one child for a year.

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
6. Re: Marrakeech

Hi,

It's true that cash donations through the website are extremely useful but they really appreciate clothing donations too so if anyone is coming with a half filled suitcase so they can take things home bring unwanted kids and young adult clothes to donate. Thanks.

Liverpool, United...
reviews: 20
7. Re: Marrakeech

@Louise.Shimmin I think this is a wonderful idea. A friend of mine takes items to a home for street children when she travels to Cairo and how great and idea is it if very time some of us travel to Marrakech ( can't wait to go back) we bring half a suitcase of baby and children's clothes,,toys etc. I had a bigger luggage allowance than I needed this time and was way under. And you can always fill back up with your souk purchases.

If anyone has a contact where these can be deposited, can you let us know?

8. Re: Marrakeech

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:06 am, April 25, 2013

somewhere near...
reviews: 40
9. Re: Marrakeech

Heresmyreply - thanks for your input. We have considered a cash donation (and may indeed go ahead with that). We will however still have half empty cases when we go out & it will be a missed opportunity all round not to fill them with things they could use right now.

Thanks again.

Manchester, United...
10. Re: Marrakeech

Thank you all for your advise.

Reply to: Marrakeech
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted