We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting married in a riad in marrakesh

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Irvine, United...
reviews: 5
Getting married in a riad in marrakesh

Hi,

I am hoping to get married in late 2012 and would like to do so in a riad. I have been to marrakesh before and loved it. I am looking to hire a full riad for 2/3 nights for my family and friends. there will be about 15 -20 of us. I have picked a riad and am waiting on them getting back to me.

However tips and hints on the best way to arrange it and any other information would be greatly recieved,

Thanks

1. Re: Getting married in a riad in marrakesh

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:35 am, September 13, 2013
Edited: 4:35 am, September 13, 2013
Irvine, United...
reviews: 5
2. Re: Getting married in a riad in marrakesh

Thanks.

I understand you can get married in marrakech but the legal side of it has to be done in the uk. is this correct?

Good luck for your wedding :)

dublin
reviews: 9
3. Re: Getting married in a riad in marrakesh

yeh as far as i know you cannot legally get married in marrakech, however, we are just getting offically married in a registry office at home a couple of days before we leave for marrakech but we aren't going to make too much of a fuss about it, ie: we are not exchanging rings or anything like that as we would like to think of the wedding in marrakech as the main event with everyone there.

you can organise a celebrant to do a 'blessing' in marrakech and basically we are making it very much like a normal ceremony inlcuding readings and poems and music etc. because it is not a civil ceremony either you can include a religous element to it if you wish.

there is also a catholic church in marrakech ( if you are catholic??) so you can organise something with them too but think you would have to co-ordinate that with your own church if that was the route you chose. i don't know about any other religious options apart from inlcuding whatever religious elements you want into your blessing.?

we are getting married in the garden of a villa and using a celebrant for a blessing :-) anymore questions ask away :-)

4. Re: Getting married in a riad in marrakesh

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:05 am, May 19, 2011
Marrakech
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
5. Re: Getting married in a riad in marrakesh

MikeenJolanda - self promotion/advertising/solicitation is against the trip advisor rules. That means you should not use these forums to advertise your own business.

reviews: 1
6. Re: Getting married in a riad in marrakesh

Hi

What villa are you using for the wedding and where do you find a celebrant to conduct the wedding? Trying to plan a wedding in Marrakech on a budget but am finding limited information on everything, are the villa you've booked doing food for everyone as well?

East Gwillimbury...
reviews: 74
7. Re: Getting married in a riad in marrakesh

Welcome Zoe,

You should note that this topic is almost a year old and the original poster may not be checking in on it anymore. Maybe try sending them a private message, as most members have TA notifications linked to email. Maybe you could try the links in reply#1 as well to get your planning started?

cheers

London, United...
8. Re: Getting married in a riad in marrakesh

Hi,

We're getting married in Marrakech in August - also in a garden in a villa and I'm looking for a celebrant, can you recommend one? I've been searching online but don't seem to be getting anywhere!

Thanks

9. Re: Getting married in a riad in marrakesh

10. Re: Getting married in a riad in marrakesh