We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to use Argan oil

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
LONDON
reviews: 19
How to use Argan oil

Hi, I hope someone can help here, as i've googled this question and found no definitive answer.

I'll be in Marrakech next week and needs some Argan oil for medicinal purposes to ease arthritis pain. The problem is, i don't know who to use it! Is it just massaged into the affected area or does it need to be consumed?

Really grateful for any experience with this.

Thanks, Bart.

Alabama
reviews: 12
21. Re: How to use Argan oil

I buy mine at the drugstore. Less than ten bucks. I use it around 3 -4 times a week on my hair.(have been for over a year now)

Ouarzazate, Morocco
reviews: 78
22. Re: How to use Argan oil

greetings,

there are 5 tips about how to use argan oil on this website - homepage, also tons of info about other argan related issues

http://www.essentialsyou.com/

hope its useful

Edited: 11:39 am, November 20, 2012
Sydney, Australia
reviews: 46
23. Re: How to use Argan oil

I bought at a pharmacy in Fes but my oil seems to really pong. The scent goes quite quickly but it is unpleasant. I am sure the oil he demonstrated with was not smelly and think he maybe actually have wrapped some inferior oil instead, though it is still labelled as pure argan oil and has an expiry date well in the future.

However a little rubbed through damp hair has restored life to my bleach damaged hair and I like the feel on my skin, though I mix it with another cream to dilute the smell.

Liverpool, United...
reviews: 13
24. Re: How to use Argan oil

I bought my oil in the airport and it has a nice woody smell but I have to say I do prefer the US/Italian products that have developed with the oil which you can leave in. I have very curly hair tending to frizz and find these marvellous to leave in before blow driving.

new jersey
25. Re: How to use Argan oil

Hello. Could you go to a natural health food store, which here in the States can give you advise on what to look for our(specifically) and give you advice on how to use it.

GOOD LUCK &ENJOY YOUR TRIP !

new jersey
26. Re: How to use Argan oil

Hello. Could you ...Im sorry, I just realized that your back already . Would you be so kind & let me know what you learned about using the oil as well as, where exactly did you go; what would you advise another solo to do.

Cheers

Cardiff, United...
reviews: 30
27. Re: How to use Argan oil

Cosmetic Argan oil should not have a strong smell, just a very, very slight hint of a peanut type smell (the smell of the Argan Nut).

I have previously had Argan Oil which was over a year old and this started to smell really strong, older Argan Oil does not do any harm, it is just not as effective as "fresh oil". You will find that the older oil gets a lot darker in colour (almost like a dark yellow).

On my last trip to Morocco, I went direct to the Argan Oil factory (near Essaoura), it was an industrial type unit, not really open to the general public, they were making mass amounts of oil by hand (for two international cosmetic companies). I brought a few large bottles back with me to the UK. The oil was as fresh as you can get. Everytime I opened a new bottle, there was a really strong smell of the Argan Nut (the same smell as the factory), this smell lasted in the bottle only for a week or so, then there was only a very small hint of the nut (hardly noticeable).

So, in my experience, if you open your bottle of Cosmetic Argan oil and it smells in the bottle for a week or so (then the smell dissappers), then it is really fresh oil. If the smell is there all the time, then the oil is (at least) a year old (not harmful but not as effective)

Edited: 5:45 pm, November 25, 2012
28. Re: How to use Argan oil

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:35 pm, February 25, 2013
Athens, Greece
reviews: 19
29. Re: How to use Argan oil

As the Greeks have their olive oil, the Moroccoans have argan oil. Both do the same thing, cooking, for hair, skin etc.

I buy my argan oil always from a village, thus know it is pure stuff, using it for my face, mixing it with other oil for cooking purposes, and salads. I keep it tightly closed in the fridge.

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
30. Re: How to use Argan oil

I'm sorry but buying argan oil from a village is no guarantee that it is pure and has not been adulterated with cheaper oils. The cooperatives and supermarkets have strict quality control and the product will be labelled if has it been tested.