We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about Poufs...

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ontario
reviews: 7
Question about Poufs...

I've been doing some reading on shopping in Marrakech, and "poufs" have been continually coming up. Is a pouf a leather ottoman? If so, I am wondering exactly how this is a souvenier item...are they collapsable or do you use a service to ship the item back to your home country?

75 replies to this topic
Bournemouth
reviews: 34
71. Re: Question about Poufs...

so is it just the smell that gives away the quality or will I be able to tell when I see them. I would so love to bring one back.

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
72. Re: Question about Poufs...

Hell, here I am again in teacher mode! The smell is of ammonia, a breakdown product of uric acid. This is because of the pigeon excretia that is use in part to cure the hides. Disappears soon enough though and the natural leather smell soon reappears! But soon evaporates. Fear not Harry - the stronger the stench the more natural the product is liable to be (chemical dyes, especially azides, can also be used, and the brighter the colour the more unlikely the organic nature of the product.)

73. Re: Question about Poufs...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:35 pm, March 31, 2013

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
reviews: 291
74. Re: Question about Poufs...

wow, a new spammer, using TA for advertising..this gets to be so much work for TA to erase your posts..bye bye.

and i might say, not so smart..asking about a poof and advertising a tour company. yep, i want to use a company like that!!

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 4
75. Re: Question about Poufs...

Hi I'm in Marrakech right now and also been looking for a pouffe/pouff.

I went artisanal ensemble yesterday and a large gold one was 180 dirhams. I'm not sure of the quality but there was no smell and it had a zip on the bottom for stuffing.

I'm going back to buy it today!

Hope this is helpful

Reply to: Question about Poufs...
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted