We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dress code in Marrakech

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
manchester, england
reviews: 11
dress code in Marrakech

does anyone know what the dress code is in Marrakech?

Some guide books say no shorts or bare arms..is that true, and is that for women or men as well?

Bournemouth, United...
11. Re: dress code in Marrakech

Just take with you a light wrap and throw it over your shoulders a t shirt is absolutely fine!,

Camberley, United...
reviews: 22
12. Re: dress code in Marrakech

Thank you for both helpful tips. My husband and I always try to the best of our knowledge to respect the culture of the country we are visiting. I am very pleased to hear the advise and there are so many long flowing dresses around and a little bolero or top, which cover arms too. I personally feel it is disrespectful to go and lunch/dine in any eating place in inappropriate attire in any country.

Our first time to Marrakech in only just a few days and my question is regarding to the weather and is it acceptable to wear trainers as comfortable shoes at my stage in life is a must, how about flip flops or uncovered feet full stop, sandals etc. I am happy to wear appropriate clothing hence my question. Does it get very cold in the evenings, this is between the 14th and 18th of February. I would be so grateful for any tips. Thank you so much in advance.

norfolk
reviews: 30
13. Re: dress code in Marrakech

nicolucie - take a look at this site

www.wunderground.com/q/zmw:00000.5.60230

i find it very reliable, and you can check the expected minimum and maximum temperatures for 6 days ahead. a quick check before you close your suitcase could prove invaluable!

have fun.

pam

Marrakech
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
14. Re: dress code in Marrakech

Nicolucie - trainers, flip flops and sandals are all acceptable. I can't think of any footwear that isn't. Yes it's dark in the evenings and once the sun goes down the temperature drops quickly, so have a jacket.

15. Re: dress code in Marrakech

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 9:03 am, October 29, 2013
marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 62
16. Re: dress code in Marrakech

With the greatest respect John W, I think woman to woman advice is what is important on this subject no matter what us mere men think about what is acceptable or not?

I also think it is completely unacceptable for men to wander around the medina in tiny shorts and shirtless but that's just my opinion. Fine at the beach but not in town.

Edited: 6:10 pm, February 12, 2013
17. Re: dress code in Marrakech

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 9:03 am, October 29, 2013
18. Re: dress code in Marrakech

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, February 14, 2014