We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is a daytrip to the Atlas Mountains a must?

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wellington, New...
reviews: 57
Is a daytrip to the Atlas Mountains a must?

We will be in Marrakech for 2 nights/3 days in March. Is a daytrip out to the Atlas Mountains - possibly Ourika Valley - worth it or are we best to stick around Marrakech?

We're not after trekking, but definitely appreciate beautiful views.

I wouldn't want to miss out on it if it's a 'must see' but do know we're not there for very long so equally wouldn't want to miss seeing Marrakech!

Cheers for your help.

Stockholm, Sweden
reviews: 65
51. Re: Is a daytrip to the Atlas Mountains a must?

Yes, I find the Test pass worse than Tichka, remember 12 year ago when I was driving there first time, it was very small and very bad road, last time I was going there it was 3 years ago and the road seemed much better, but anyway worse than Tichka.

52. Re: Is a daytrip to the Atlas Mountains a must?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:36 pm, October 03, 2012
East Gwillimbury...
reviews: 74
53. Re: Is a daytrip to the Atlas Mountains a must?

OK Torism R...You can stop flooding the forum with referrals to that website now. Advertising is not permitted on the forums.

54. Re: Is a daytrip to the Atlas Mountains a must?

hi could I also get the recommended driver details. thanks!

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 29
55. Re: Is a daytrip to the Atlas Mountains a must?

We took a daytrip to the High Atlas on a beautiful sunny day in December, ending up in Sitti Fatma. I would say it a trip to the High Atlas is very much a "must". The High Atlas is beautiful beyond description. Our minibus tour stopped at Sitti Fatma and handed us over to an authorized mountain guide. To our surprise, we were led up to the waterfall, about 1400 metres up - quite the hike! We enjoyed it immensely. The very pleasant young guide kept a very keen eye on our safety all the time. We had a great minibus driver, Aziz, friendly, informative and helpful. We were treated to a simple but delicious lunch at a Berber home after leaving Sitti Fatma. This trip was one of the highlights of our trip to Morocco.

London
reviews: 15
56. Re: Is a daytrip to the Atlas Mountains a must?

daytrip to the Atlas Mountains a must?

shimmin2robertson or M1B15 recommend a driver please

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 63
57. Re: Is a daytrip to the Atlas Mountains a must?

Hi Lizzy,

Sent a message.

58. Re: Is a daytrip to the Atlas Mountains a must?

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:21 am, December 27, 2012
buxton
reviews: 2
59. Re: Is a daytrip to the Atlas Mountains a must?

Hi

Do you mind me asking how much you paid?

60. Re: Is a daytrip to the Atlas Mountains a must?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 1:19 am, April 21, 2014