We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marrakech airport bus 19

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 184
Marrakech airport bus 19

I've read lots of reviews on this airport bus, some of them contradict each other and wondered if seasoned travellers can clear this up for me?

To summarise on what I've gleaned from TA and the internet:

- Airport bus 19 runs every 30mins at the hour and half hour.

- It runs 24 hours.

- It costs 20MAD single & 30MAD return.

- The driver speaks some English

- The driver will have a map with a list of hotels for you to point to and he will try to drop you off near the hotel.

- Some other reports mention getting off when you see KFC nr Djeema El Fna.

- On return trip back to the airport, where is the pickup point at Djeema El Fna? Unfortunately I cannot find a map or info.

To clarify we're staying at Hotel Islane, opposite the Koutoubia Mosque. So if the airport bus cannot drop us at the hotel we can walk from Djeema El Fna.

Please correct me if I'm wrong on any of the above points.

Thanks girls and guys!

100 replies to this topic
Coram, New York
reviews: 28
81. Re: Marrakech airport bus 19

The information from "Bravefoodies" and "zafiradaima" is very helpful ! Thanks a lot !

The bus route seems to pass along places very close to my hotel. I guess I just need to make use a little of my French with the bus driver then to stop at the closest place from my hotel ...

Edited: 6:30 pm, August 27, 2013
Richmond, VA
reviews: 5
82. Re: Marrakech airport bus 19

You can also get a new printed bus map when you get on the bus, they're free. You could probably point to a bus stop near where your hotel is and the driver can stop there. The actual printed map is clear and easier to make out.

London, United...
reviews: 53
83. Re: Marrakech airport bus 19

Does the bus stop anywhere near the hotel agdal? I shall ask the bus driver anyway but would like to have some idea beforehand. Though as soon as I see something I recognise. .. Place De la liberte/koutoubia etc I could probably get off and walk.

I believe the hotel is at the bottom of av mohamed 5 and turn left.

If anybody can help clarify that id appreciate it

Uk
reviews: 30
84. Re: Marrakech airport bus 19

Please refer to my post no.55. The bus goes on a circular route and so from the airport you will need to stay on until almost the end of the route (approx 30 mins) The advantage is that you will only be 10 mins from the Airport for the return. Your nearest stop is therefore Gare de Marrakesh (their beautiful state of the art train station). I suggest you follow the route on Google Maps from there to your hotel but is easily walkable....good luck!

85. Re: Marrakech airport bus 19

Does the bus go past or near corail hotel ?

London, United...
86. Re: Marrakech airport bus 19

Hello,

Does the bus go near Riad Alwachma, 27 Derb Sehb Bab Doukkala, Medina?

Thank you for the help!

Luton
reviews: 7
87. Re: Marrakech airport bus 19

This plan of the bus routes should help:

http://www.alsa.ma/en/marrakech

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 64
88. Re: Marrakech airport bus 19

there is a link to a very useful map of the airport bus route and timings in this thread:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g293734-i9196-k6…

Brussels, Belgium
reviews: 102
89. Re: Marrakech airport bus 19

The bus 19 stops at the Bab Doukkala bus station.

London, United...
reviews: 3
90. Re: Marrakech airport bus 19

I have been reading all the posts but am still slightly confused. I will be arriving In Marrakech airport at 19.15 on a weekday, and am hoping to get a bus to D'jemaa el fna as I will be staying at Hostel Riad Marrakech Rouge which I believe I can walk to from D'jemaa el fna. Will there still be buses at that time in the evening and does anyone know if there is anything to look out for so I know where to get off the bus. Thank you in advance.

Reply to: Marrakech airport bus 19
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted