We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marrakech airport bus 19

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 190
Marrakech airport bus 19

I've read lots of reviews on this airport bus, some of them contradict each other and wondered if seasoned travellers can clear this up for me?

To summarise on what I've gleaned from TA and the internet:

- Airport bus 19 runs every 30mins at the hour and half hour.

- It runs 24 hours.

- It costs 20MAD single & 30MAD return.

- The driver speaks some English

- The driver will have a map with a list of hotels for you to point to and he will try to drop you off near the hotel.

- Some other reports mention getting off when you see KFC nr Djeema El Fna.

- On return trip back to the airport, where is the pickup point at Djeema El Fna? Unfortunately I cannot find a map or info.

To clarify we're staying at Hotel Islane, opposite the Koutoubia Mosque. So if the airport bus cannot drop us at the hotel we can walk from Djeema El Fna.

Please correct me if I'm wrong on any of the above points.

Thanks girls and guys!

109 replies to this topic
Luton, United...
reviews: 3
71. Re: Marrakech airport bus 19

hi, i am nell, i am arriving in marrakech on the 3rd of march at 07:40 pm, my place is the riad amani, what bus number can i take and where bus stop will i drop that is closer to riad amani, thanks a lot..

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
72. Re: Marrakech airport bus 19

Hi Nell. Riad Amani offers airport transfers for 16 Euros, a reasonable price for airport to door delivery. I think you would need to get the airport bus to Djemma al Fna and then another one which goes to Rue Riad el Arous. I'll try and find the route number for you.

Cardiff, United...
reviews: 30
73. Re: Marrakech airport bus 19

Nell pay the 16 Euros for the transfer to the riad, then on your way back to the airport get a taxi or the airport bus......

Trust me, the last thing you want is to get lost in the first couple of hours of arriving in Marrakech medina......I have seen people with their luggage, looking for their riads in tears, because they have got lost and they have been going around in circles........

Birmingham, United...
74. Re: Marrakech airport bus 19

Hi All,

I really want the expereance of public transport so :-

Am going from RAK to Amour d'Auberge hotel on Rue Riad Zitoune Ladkim in Medina on 19th. Do I get the 19 bus from the airport and get off at Hotel pick up Palace or get off at Terminus Arce tEl Bak and walk?

Any help would be great?

Thanks,

D B

London, United...
reviews: 5
75. Re: Marrakech airport bus 19

Hi all I'm wondering if bus 19 goes by kenzi menara?

Moraira, Spain
reviews: 16
76. Re: Marrakech airport bus 19

Just returned from Marrakech, took this bus and it could not be better, it is operated by alsa bus company (website alsa.ma) it's clean and our driver was very jolly, and indeed had a smattering of english. The route brochures are in a holder on the bus & you can help yourself to as many as you like, hence I am sitting here at home with one in my hand.

The bus stop is 100m to your left as you exit the terminal building clearly visible and recognisable as bus no.19. Iit's the airport bus - the ONLY bus - that departs directly from outside the terminal. The bus fare to djemaa el fna, where you will get off, is 30Dh single or 50Dh return (within 15 days). The journey to Djemaa el fna takes approx. 15 mins. and the return will take approx. 25 mins. as it is a round trip via the new town I.e.Guelitz, great free sight seeing tour. Much better than a smelly, expensive cab and no stressful haggling involved. The service starts at 06:15am at Djemaa el fna and at 06:30am at the airport (obviously two busses in operation) and runs until 21:45hrs every 30 mins.

If you want a single ticket just say djemaa el fna to the driver and he will make sure that you exit at bus stop 15, which is Djemaa el fna, but you will recognise it by the KFC and the Kotubia Mosque on your left and all the caleches (horse drawn carriages) on the right. If you want a return ticket ask for Aller retour (round trip). You will depart for the airport, where you were dropped off i.e. Djemaa el fna bus stop 15. Does this help? If so, enjoy, as we did - Bon voyage !

Athens, Greece
reviews: 10
77. Re: Marrakech airport bus 19

Thank you for the above description! Seems very helpful and detailed. Going there next week and this clarifies the airport-city part of the trip :-)

Vilnius, Lithuania
78. Re: Marrakech airport bus 19

Hello People, maybe you know if bus stops changed from 2011? I will live in Rose Du Desert Riad and I think the best for me would bus stop Ryad Mogador. Do I need to say this stop to Driver? I read about bus stops here: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293734-i9196-k488…

Edited: 9:41 am, May 26, 2013
Richmond, VA
79. Re: Marrakech airport bus 19

Here is a link to the ALSA bus lines map on their website, #19 bus is gray, you can zoom in and out with controls on lower right of map:

http://alsa.ma/fr/marrakech

Vilnius, Lithuania
80. Re: Marrakech airport bus 19

Yes, I know that page, but there are no bus stops marked.

Reply to: Marrakech airport bus 19
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted